Wikipedia Bio / Profile Background
Kayla Mamelak is an American journalist and TV anchor, who has gained a following through her work for Fox 5 New York. She is renowned for her professional presentation style and friendly approach.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Kayla was born in the mid-1990s and was raised in a family of six in Calabasas, California. She is of Jewish descent.
- Currently, she is based in New York, where she lives with her husband Adam Altus, to whom she got engaged in July 2019. Initially, they had planned to get hitched in September 2020, but the COVID pandemic postponed the date. Their eventual wedding date was May 23, 2021.
- Adam and Kayla had first started dating around 2014 (as they had posted their first picture together in January 2015)
Early Life and Education :
- Kayla enjoyed growing up in a large family, although she says it was probably hectic for her parents.
- Growing up, she attended a YULA Yeshiva Jewish High School, where she constantly dreamt of becoming someone like Oprah Winfrey.
- At the age of 12, Kayla became an avid watcher of the news and walked around the school trying to imitate Oprah so that her classmates would think she was mature.
- Her interest in politics grew, and while still in high school, Kayla applied to work for Dianne Feinstein, who was the Senator of California, and was granted an internship.
- Prior to attending university, she went to Israel for a year to study politics.
- Later, she studied for her Bachelor of Arts in Broadcast Journalism at Boston University and has a minor in Sociology.
- While at university in 2012, she took a four-month ‘Current Programming and Drama Development internship’ with CBS in Los Angeles.
- In 2013, Kayla again took the same internship but this time with Fox Television Stations. The same year, she also took a Reporter’s Internship with CBS News.
Career and Professional Timeline :
- Post-graduation, Kayla worked for three months as a Production Assistant for the public radio station in Greater Boston, WGBH.
- In 2014, she became a Program Host for The Mayors Report: A Year in Review in Somerville, Massachusetts. At the same time, she was anchor and reporter for SCATV (Somerville Community Access Television).
- With her experience mounting, Kayla went on to become Lead Anchor and Multimedia Reporter for Charter TV3 – Worcester News Tonight before moving to Verizon Fios1 News as their Multimedia reporter.
- Since 2017, Kayla has been a reporter for Fox 5 (WNYW-TV) in New York.
- She says that her career offers her the best choices, whether it is reporting or interviewing people.
Salary and Net Worth :
- As per Salary(dot)com, the average median salary of a New York-based Journalist is $50,401 per year. ZipRecruiter gives the average salary as $42,647/year, while the PayScale website mentions $52,818 annually for the same position.
- Drawing from this data, we get a rough estimate of Kayla Mamelak’s salary. Considering her work experience, her annual income can be estimated to be higher than the figures mentioned above.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Kayla is a keen horse rider and has been riding competitively her whole life.
- While at high school, she was amongst a delegation that won ‘Model UN’ where her team simulated sessions of the United Nations.
- She admits to being a lifelong TV viewer!
- Despite being Jewish, Kayla loves Christmas.
Body Figure / Physical Info
Kayla Mamelak Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Black
- How tall / Height : 5′2″
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : N/A
- Pregnant? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Personal / Home Details
- Kayla Mamelak Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Kayla Mamelak Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Jewish
- Nationality : American
Alison Morris Fox Wikipedia, Husband, Age, Married【 Photos 】Wedding
Christine Sloan FiOS1, Wiki Biography, Age, Married, Restaurant Hunter
Erika Wachter Bio, Married, Husband, Age, Parents, Height, Fox 5 Wiki
Erin Como Wiki, Age, Birthday, Husband, Married, Engaged【 Bio 】
Lidia Curanaj Wikipedia, Biography, Age, Wedding, Husband【 Fox 5 】
Samantha Augeri Husband, Age, Wedding, Salary, Height, Bio (Wikipedia)
Allison Seymour Bio, Husband, Salary, Net Worth, Age, Daughters (Fox 5)
Sue Palka Age, Wikipedia, Husband, Birthday, Wiki, Daughter ( Fox 5 )
Meteorologist Joe Cioffi Wikipedia, Age, Biography, Wife, Married, Bio
YULA and loves Xmas, hmmm!