|Personal Details Summary|
|Brother / Sister||She has three siblings – 2 Sisters and 1 brother.|
|Birthday / Date of Birth / How old is Gasia Mikaelian? / Age||July 4, 1975. As of 2022, she is around 47 years old.|
|Wedding / Gasia Mikaelian Husband / Marriage / Partner / Spouse||Married to Paul Perez. See below for relationship details.|
|What world series did Gasia Mikaelian cover?||She mentions that she enjoyed covering the Giants during the Major League Baseball (MLB) World Series.|
|Children / No of Kids||2|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||Armenian|
Gasia Mikaelian is known as a proud Armenian-American news personality who currently works as the lead anchor for KTVU in the California Bay Area.
Personal Life, Parents & Family :
- Mikaelian was born on July 4, 1975, in the greater Bay Area.
- Her parents had emigrated to the United States shortly before her birth, in search of a better life.
- Though they were happy to be in America, her parents always made sure to bring their Armenian heritage to the forefront.
- As such, Gasia and her siblings all had traditional names and attended a Saturday School for Armenians throughout their entire childhood. She was often given strange looks when she introduced herself in school.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Although most of her fellow students already had plans for their career, Mikaelian did not discover she wanted to go into journalism until she was nearly out of high school.
- Putting two and two together – she was good at reading and writing – she decided to study something in the English field.
- She first went to junior college in Las Positas. There she gobbled up English courses, learning along the way that she loved journalism.
- After two years, she applied and was accepted to San Diego State University. There she started studying journalism, initially wanting to get into radio broadcasting; however, she ended up being a broadcast journalist.
Family : Husband & Children
- After meeting and marrying Paul Perez in 2006, Gasia considered taking his name professionally, so that it would be easier to pronounce and market.
- However, she eventually decided that she would continue using her maiden name, that she had used for her 31 years of life till then, thus embracing her Armenian roots.
- The couple has two sons together, Tigran Perez (born in 2008) and Zaven Perez (born in 2010).
- Both her sons too have traditional names and are well-versed in the Armenian language.
- Gasia has said that going back to work after giving birth was the hardest thing she had ever done as she suffered from major guilt over leaving her children.
- After six months of dealing with different nannies, it was decided that Gasia’s husband would remain home with the boys to raise them. For this, she refers to him as ‘Saint Paul.’
Career, Job, Salary & Net worth :
- While at San Diego State University, Mikaelian worked at the university radio station and wrote for the university’s newspaper, getting immense enjoyment from that role. After graduation, she went on to work at the KFMB station, well-known for both radio and television.
- She has said she used to watch the TV guys at KFMB, but at the time she wanted to stick with radio. In 1997, the station began making cuts from their radio division, and Gasia decided to transition from radio broadcasting to television, just to ensure she would still have a job. After being there for a year, Mikaelian moved to Huntsville, Alabama, as WAFF-TV hired her.
- She stayed in Alabama for two years before returning to California. She started working for XETV in San Diego in 2000. She stayed there for a little while and then transitioned to KRPC in Houston. However, she yearned to go home to the California Bay Area.
- In 2005, Gasia was hired by KTVU, a station that she frequently watched growing up. As of 2020, she still works for KTVU more than fifteen years later.
Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- Mikaelian loves to cook! She is often found in her kitchen creating all sorts of food, particularly Armenian dishes, doughnuts, and pizza.
- She also loves picnicking, bargain-shopping, and watching the high school marching band.
Gasia Mikaelian Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Brown
- How tall is Gasia Mikaelian Height : 5’ 5”
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.