Wiki Biography / Profile Background
Jacqueline Bennett is a meteorologist who used to work at WBTS NBC Boston. She used to broadcast on weekdays at noon. From October 2019 to June 2022, Bennett worked as a reporter and meteorologist for Spectrum News Channel 1 in Los Angeles, CA.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Jacqueline studied Spanish at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid in Madrid, Spain.
- Later, she graduated from California State University, Northridge in 2005 with two degrees : Bachelor of Arts in Journalism & Spanish Language and Culture.
- She furthered her studies at the San Francisco State University and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Atmospheric Science and Concentration Meteorology in 2013.
- Before starting her journalism career, she taught Spanish at Chaminade College Preparatory School in West Hills, California.
Jacqueline Bennett Husband, Family and Marriage :
- Jacqueline Bennett is married to a Navy pilot of F-18 fighter jets. They met when she was working in Boise, Idaho.
- Her husband is currently stationed at the China Lake Naval Air Station.
- They have a son, who was born around November 2016.
- During her pregnancy with her second child, Grace, Jacqueline was diagnosed in Boston. She is an advocate for The Verma Foundation, which provides cap wigs for cancer patients at no cost.
Writing Work :
- Bennett owns 3 dogs, one of which is named Sundown & the other Yellow, the inspiration for her blog name – Yellow Dog Blog.
- Since 2013, she has written about animals on her blog, specifically regarding dog adoption, health, and training.
- For two years, Bennett was a contracted writer for Rover.com. Since December 2014, she has been interviewing many experts on topics relating to canines, writing articles of 1000-2000 words.
- Jacqueline was a sports editor for The Daily Sundial, a campus newspaper for California State University Northridge. She occasionally contributes articles to the newspaper, which has a daily circulation of 30,000.
Jacqueline Bennett Salary, Net worth and Career :
- Jacqueline began broadcast journalism in Boise, Idaho, with KIVI News in 2006. There she produced storied for live news & acted as a weekend news/weather anchor.
- After two years, she moved to KRON 4 News in San Francisco, California, as Chief Meteorologist. She was there until 2015.
- She then joined XETV-TDT CW 6 (Bay City Television, Inc) in San Diego, fulfilling the role not only as a Weekday Meteorologist but also as a traffic reporter. She also produced for the segment San Diego Living, a local lifestyle program airing on 9 am weekdays.
- After almost two years there, she transferred to NBC Boston in New England. She joined the team in January 2017. Aside from delivering weather reports to NBC, Bennett also did traffic reports and appeared on NECN for weather news. She left the network in September 2018.
- From October 2019 to June 2022, Bennett worked as a reporter and meteorologist for Spectrum News Channel 1 in Los Angeles, CA. Here, she created weather segments for wheel productions and live broadcasts.
- In June 2022, Jacqueline joined Southern California Edison (SCE) as their Meteorology Advisor.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Bennett is a Certified Broadcast Meteorologist from the American Meteorological Society (AMS). The certification recognises her degree in Geoscience & high-quality on-air work.
- Her “Yellow Dog Blog” started as a result of the unique conditions of her dog Yellow. Yellow had several injuries and allergies, which required special care.
- The blog aims to answer some questions first-time dog owners may have, especially if their canines has special needs.
Body Figure / Physical Info
Jacqueline Bennett Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Blonde
- Jacqueline Bennett Height : 5′5″
- Jacqueline Bennett Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : 7.5
- Pregnant? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Personal / Home Details
- Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 2
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Mixed
- Nationality : American