Lauren Podell was a bubbly presenter and news reporter on WDIV- TV Channel 4. She was in the limelight after allegedly using a racist slur that cost the reporter her job. Lauren had secured her position at this Detroit-based news station after having won a contest. Unfortunately, this was not the first slip-of-tongue from this news lady.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Lauren is a single child and was born on October 31, 1985, in West Bloomfield. She spent her early years in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Thereafter, she moved to Michigan and currently resides in Shelby Township.
- Her father, Doug Podell, was a radio personality famous for ‘Doc of the Rock.’ Mr. Podell has 30+ years of successful experience in his field.
- Lauren graduated from Oakland University with Departmental Honors and earned her Bachelor’s degree, majoring in Communication and Journalism.
Career, Job, Salary and Net worth :
- Lauren started as an intern at Local 4 before starting work as a traffic reporter. She joined the Local 4 News Team in December 2007.
- In 2009, she covered a major story, the attempted bombing of a plane bound for Detroit.
- In 2012, Lauren covered the shooting of West Bloomfield police officer Patrick O’Rourke.
- In 2015, she served as grand marshal for Cruisin’ Gratiot classic war cruise in Eastpoint and was honorary chairwoman for ArtParty.
- Where is Lauren Podell Now 2022? : After her resignation from WDIV in October 2016, Lauren has stayed away from social media in general, and it is not known what she is currently pursuing.
Controversies and Interesting Facts :
- Lauren Podell was slammed for her taboo remark to a co-worker, ‘I am tired of reporting on these n****rs killing each other in Detroit.’
- Sam Riddle, a local political analyst, was offended with Podell’s remark & took to Twitter to voice his opinion.
- During a live fire coverage a few years ago, she uttered the F-bomb, but many people thought that the station overreacted on this issue.
- Podell’s Twitter account, @local4lauren has been deactivated as well and her bio page from WDIV’s site was removed.
- She was voted ‘Best Hair in Detroit’ in 2011 by the ClickOnDetroit website.
- Lauren shares a very special bond with her father, further mentioning that her dad has taken her backstage to meet big bands like Metallica, The Rolling Stones, Green Day and “Uncle” Ted Nugent. In 2018, she even filled in for her dad at WCXS playing as the station’s DJ.
- Lauren Podell Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American