|Personal Information Summary|
|Birthday / Date of Birth / Age / How old / DOB||April 22, 1985. As of 2022, she is around 37 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Dating / Boyfriend||Married to her partner Jeff Kunkel. See below for relationship details.|
|Where is Ashlee Baracy?||Ashlee Baracy is the Chief Meteorologist at WBNS.|
|Children / No. of Kids||2|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Ashlee Baracy is an American meteorologist and reporter who has a background in pageantry.
Personal Life : Ashlee Baracy Parents, Married Life & Kids
- Ashley was born on April 22, 1985, in Westland, Michigan.
- Parents : She is the child of two cancer survivors and has listed them as the greatest influence in her life. She has said that if they were able to make it through that, she could make it through anything.
- Her father is a baseball fan and would often take her to games. He took her to a Tiger’s game in 2015, and it was there that she met the assistant coach Jeff Kunkel. Ashlee always admired her dad’s hard work ethic and was very close to him.
- Jeff & Ashlee began dating soon after they met & got engaged in late 2016.
- In November 2017, the couple got married in Detroit in the presence of family & friends. In 2019, Baracy gave birth to a healthy baby boy, Carter Lee. Two years later, in November 2021, she announced the birth of her second child, daughter Cayle Rochelle.
- Ashlee is an avid animal supporter and has worked at shelters from a young age. She adopted her puppy Lucy in 2014.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Ashlee attended the John Glenn High School in Westland and was head cheerleader during her time there.
- From there, she attended the University of Michigan where she obtained a Master’s degree in Science.
- Later, she went on to get Master of Science in Integrated Marketing Communications program from Eastern Michigan University.
- She then went on to obtain her broadcast meteorology certification from Mississippi State University.
Awards Pageants :
- Ashlee was crowned Michigan’s Junior Miss in 2003, and that ignited her love of pageants.
- Later, she was crowned Miss Michigan in 2008 after excelling in the early stages of the competition.
- She made it to the top 10 finalists for the Miss America Pageant in 2009, following her success in Michigan.
- In the talents portion of each contest, she was known for her choreographed Jazz performances. She has trained in that strand of dance since the age of 14.
- Featured on the TLC reality show Countdown to the Crown on the 2008/2009-pageant circuit and was a fan favorite.
Profession : Career, Salary and Net worth
- Ashlee’s first taste of reporting came when she interned on Fox News helping producers Sean Lee, and anchors Deena Centofanti & Lila Lazarus. She mostly conducted interviews & did on-field reports in this period.
- Ashlee’s true professional career began with her first role as a general assignment and traffic reporter at WDIV Detroit. She eventually moved up to filling in as their news anchor and meteorologist.
- From 2010 – 2012, she hosted the This Week in Westland program on WLND
- From 2015 onwards, she operates as the weekend evening Meteorologist on WBNS network.
Cancer Work & Social Media :
- Through her work, Baracy has been given the opportunity to play an active role in the cancer community.
- Since both her parents are cancer survivors, she has worked with the American Cancer Society, Susan G Komen Race for the Cure, and The Children’s Miracle Network.
- Her contributions of both finance and time have been praised by many charitable organizations.
- She received the ‘Quality of Life Award’ from the Miss America Organization for her charity efforts and has been praised as being a perfect role model for those coming up through the pageant circuit.
- Ashlee is active in the world of social media. Her Twitter handle is @AshleeBaracy, she has 25,000+ followers. Her Instagram account, @abarcy, has more than 10,000 followers.