Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Sara Civian is an American journalist.
- She is also working for The Athletic as a reporter on the Carolina Hurricanes, also known as the Canes, an ice hockey team.
Personal Life : Family & Education
- Sara Civian was born on December 5, 1994, in Canton, Massachusetts, to parents Helenann, a high school principal, and Jamey Civian, a hospitality territory manager.
- She has two brothers, Vincent Civian and William Civian. Through Vincent, she is the aunt of Maddie.
- Sara grew up in the greater Boston area of Canton, Massachusetts, and attended Canton High School.
- She then moved to Pennsylvania, where she attended Pennsylvania State University from 2012 to 2016, graduating with a degree in journalism. She also studied history during that time.
- After growing up in Massachusetts and studying in Pennsylvania, Sara remained in State College, Pennsylvania, after her college degree was finished. She then relocated to Raleigh, North Carolina, where she currently lives and works.
Work : Career Income, Salary & Net Worth
- During her college years at Pennsylvania State University, Sara worked for Fancred from 2014 until 2015. She was initially a marketing associate and then transitioned into being a Penn State community leader.
- She was also a writer for SB Nation during this same timeframe.
- In January 2015, Sara joined the ranks of Pennsylvania State’s Onward State. She was initially a staff writer, then a social media manager, and ultimately a managing editor of the Onward State website.
- In June 2017, Sara was hired by DKPittsburghSports, a premier sports website and app based in Pittsburgh. She was a hockey reporter for the platform but left by November 2017, most likely due to conflicting issues with how DKPS was managed.
- Sara then returned to Boston, where she worked for College Hockey News, followed by a stint at the radio station WEEI as a hockey reporter during the hockey season.
- Since 2018, Sara has been a hockey reporter for The Athletic, where she is a beat reporter for the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Sara had never been to Raleigh, North Carolina, before she was assigned to be a beat reporter for the Carolina Hurricanes. She has been settling in very successfully, despite initially getting lost on Raleigh’s winding highways.
- Sara initially thought she would have a career as a historian, which is why she studied history at Pennsylvania State alongside journalism. Her passion for writing led her to Onward State, where she became passionate about sports journalism.
- She cites Katie Strang as her main sports journalism inspiration. Craig Custance, Ty Anderson, Elliotte Friedman, Pierre LeBrun, John Buccigross, and Emily Kaplan are other sources of reporting inspiration for her as well.
- She also covered the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Boston Bruins ice hockey teams.
- Sara is very close to her family and frequently goes home to Canton, Massachusetts, to visit her parents and spend time with her brothers, sisters-in-law, and baby niece Maddie.