Colin Fassnidge【 Wikipedia Bio 】Wife, Age, Restaurant, Family, Teeth
Colin Fassnidge Birthday / Age / Date of Birth / DOB
July 1974. As of 2019, he is around 45 years old.
Marriage & Wedding / Wife / Engaged / Partner
Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Colin Fassnidge is a Dublin born chef, who has earned the title of one of Australia’s most uniquely talented chefs. He has worked in two restaurants, which have been reviewed positively by both critics and customers alike.
- At the restaurant ‘The Four in Hand’, Colin is the Head Chef, whereas he is the part owner of the ‘4Fourteen’.
- Besides his successful restaurants, Colin is also a guest judge on the popular Australian show, My Kitchen Rules. His long awaited debut cookbook, Four Kitchens was released in 2014.
Personal Life : Family & Education
- Colin Fassnidge was born in Dublin, Ireland on 27th July 1974 to parents Tony and Colette Fassnidge. He has a sister, Elaine and a brother, Andrew. His father, Tony, owns a shoe shop.
- Colin realized early on that he had a passion for cooking and that he wanted to make it a career choice.
- After graduating high school, Fassnidge left for London where he landed an apprenticeship at Raymond Blanc’s two Michelin-star restaurant, “Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons”. He mentioned in an interview that he worked 14-hour days while surviving on chicken wings from stockpots.
- He met his wife, Jane Fassnidge at “The Establishment” in 2000, where he was working as junior sous chef and Jane was the assistant manager. They got married in 2008 and the couple have two young daughters – Maeve Fassnidge and Lily Fassnidge.
Connecting with a Cause :
- Colin actively participates in Suicide Prevention causes having lost six classmates from his school back in Dublin to it.
- In 2017, he also lost his closest friend, Chef Jeremy Strode to suicide.
- He’s talked about how he’s had tough times because of working in the industry and that anxiety and depression are quite common for chefs due to the high pressure they face working long hours.
Job, Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- After working under Raymond Blanc in London, Colin’s love for travelling led him to arrive in Australia in 1999. He’s worked at some of Sydney’s most established and acclaimed restaurants, including Liam Tomlin’s celebrated institution, ‘Banc’.
- Colin was then working as Executive Chef of “The Four in Hand” restaurant from October of 2005 until January 2016, when it was sold. The restaurant grew to a well-known destination under his leadership and command.
- In May 2011, Colin opened the doors of his own restaurant, 4 Fourteen in Surrey Hills. The popular hot spot earned the acclaimed “Chef’s Hat” award just four months after it opened.
- He was casted as one of one the judges of My Kitchen Rules in 2013 and his popularity shot overnight. Later, he also won GQ’s ‘Chef of the Year’ award.
- Colin is no stranger to controversies and one of the notable one was when he and a group of chefs went on a late night hunting trip at a farmer’s property in New South Wales and posted images of freshly felled kangaroos and captioned it “dinner”.
- It turned out to a full-blown scandal with calls for him to be sacked and even death threats.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Fassnidge is an avid motorbike enthusiast and one of his favourite things to do is to leave behind his phone and go on a ride through the local national park.
- He has a “nose to tail” approach to food where he dislikes wasting anything when it comes to meat.
- In 2015, Colin purchased a five bedroom home in South Sydney’s Malabar district.
Married. See Details Above.