Wiki Biography / Profile Background
- Kendall Gilding is an Australian television presenter, journalist, host, MC, and brand ambassador. She is best known for being the newsreader for 7NEWS Brisbane.
- Kendall also hosts her podcast, My 30 Minutes with Kendall Gilding. She has interviewed various Australian celebrities such as Amy Sheppard, Rod Young, Matt Sinclair, and Pip Forbes.
- A vibrant brand ambassador throughout her career, Gilding has represented Foodbank Queensland (hunger-relief charity), Newstead Mazda, and Salon by MADDY.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Born to parents Peter Gilding (father) and Carla Gilding (mother) in Canberra in 1991, Kendall and her family moved to Cairns, Far North Queensland, in 1995. She has a lovely sister named Rebecca Dennien.
- In 2013, Kendall (then 22-years-old) and Timothy Organ (then 26-years-old) got happily married. The couple is raising a young daughter, Olive. Olive was born in August 2019, and the couple’s social media platforms are full of her adorable snaps.
- In an Instagram Post on December 10, 2019, Kendall told her fans that she had checked into the hospital for embryo transfer on December 10, 2018. She confided that she was not hopeful and was emotionally drained out. She immersed herself in work during her infertility journey. On December 23, 2018, Gilding posted the final embryo transfer photo. After two weeks, Kendall was blessed with a positive pregnancy test. She described it to be the best Christmas present ever.
Life with her Husband Tim :
- Both Kendall and Tim are great foodies and love having plenty of organic, fresh local food. A great day out for the couple involves a bit of exercise in the morning to get the blood pumping and a bit of KX Pilates on a reformer machine. Kendall loves to shop for fresh food at the Jan Powers City Markets and occasionally enjoys a delicious lunch of fresh local produce at GOMA’s restaurant.
- Kendall does not consider herself to be a chef – her husband does most of the cooking. Tim loves bagels, but Kendall is huge on lightly salted Popcorn and Caramel doughnuts.
- During the early days of her relationship with Tim, they would usually grab brekkie and Paddington breakfast on the go and visit Queensland Art Gallery every Saturday. Kendall finds it a beautiful place to wander and not just the art but the whole building architecture. She loves the peaceful experience of enjoying the environment and having art-based conversations.
- The couple’s friends, Joy and Dennis, celebrated their 50th anniversary on October 8, 2020. Their advice for a happy relationship…be best friends, have fun, and have no secrets.
- According to Kendall’s Instagram post on October 6, 2020, “Marriage, family and life is about teamwork and being equal partners.” People often ask her how she managed to get back to work, start a podcast, MC events, etc., all with a tiny baby. Her answer was “support from her husband, Tim.”
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- During her high school, Kendal’s teachers and mentors advised exploring her strengths and passions. Kendall was quite good at English as she finished top of her class in year 12. Also, she was quite good at public communication. In 2005, Kendall realised that she was passionate about journalism.
- Once fixated on her goal to pursue journalism, Kendall never strayed from her path. After graduating from high school, she moved to Brisbane and enrolled at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) in 2008. Kendell picked QUT because various TV industry journalists went there for their higher education. She graduated in 2010 with Bachelors in Journalism degree.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Post graduating in 2010, Kendall faced difficulties finding a job in the media sector. So she worked in unrelated fields. To achieve her long-term journalism dream, she worked two part-time jobs in the meantime to pay the bills.
- Kendall secured her first-weekend news reading gig at 96five, a Christian community radio station in Brisbane. She had a good amount of learning experience from this gig as she was responsible for writing the news and managing every half an hour panelling for going on-air live.
- In 2014, Kendall got her first big breakthrough when a 7 News producer approached her. She soon started work for Channel 7’s Queensland 6 pm news bulletin. Initially, she covered sporting events like Magic Millions, David Cup Tennis, and Stradbroke Race. Ultimately, she secured a full-time job back in the Cairns Newsroom.
- In 2015, Kendall was blessed with an opportunity to host the newly launched local 7 News bulletin at 4 pm in Brisbane. For the first time, she was free to be her person and not fill someone else’s shoes. According to her website, Kendall recalls it to be an exciting opportunity because of the fun of starting something fresh.
- Starting her journalism career was a steep learning curve for Kendall. She persevered in the face of hardships and lost 9 kilos in the first few months due to stress. According to Kendall, she would have quit every single week if not for her family’s strong support.
- Gilding still finds it hard to believe how far she has come in her career. She says that the overwhelming joy and butterflies one feels while presenting news can’t be explained but can only be experienced.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- At five years old (1995), Kendall lost her father, Peter, to a tragic car accident just around the corner of her home. She learned a lot from her mother in terms of work ethic and the ability to persevere during hard times. Being a single mother under the age of 8, Carla Gilding was a great role model for her kids.
- As per her official website, Gilding is passionate about news, business, communication, and women’s issues. She advises her fans to live a happy, full, and healthy life that bursts with opportunity at the seams.
- Kendall’s greatest joy and number one priority in life is her adorable family. Her favourite pastime and happy place outside of work are distressing at the beach. She also loves good food and fashion but says she will always pick a good dinner over a dress.
- Kendall had no newsroom internship or other work experience when she was offered the opportunity to work for 7 News. Despite her lack of experience, she grabbed the opportunity, believing in the motto ‘Fake it till you make it.’
- Being the ambassador for Brisbane Racing Club and VIP guest at great carnivals, Kendall has a keen eye for fashion trends. She even studied fashion alongside journalism at university. According to the interview in Courier Mail (May 11, 2017), fashion was of considerable interest to Kendall. She would have been a designer or stylist if not for her media-based career. Kendall views stepping out of media wear into designer accessories to be the biggest perks of her media gig.
- Kendall Gilding pursued wearing something a bit daring while attending Channel 7 Brisbane Racing Carnival on May 20, 2017. She donned her favourite vintage church-going hats for the occasion. As per her interview with The Courier-Mail (April 19, 2017), Kendall is a strong advocate for a wintry palette with burnt orange, deep burgundy, and emerald green colours. She favours Australian frock designers like Alice McCall and Zimmermann.
- When Kendall first started at the Queensland University of Technology, she assumed that every student could ride a horse. She sure can soak up the trackside action at any horse racing event due to her growing up with a horse in Cairns.
- According to Northern Star (August 4, 2018), Kendall’s first home was a two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment in Mitchelton. Her dream house needs to have a big kitchen and some entertaining space. She adds that her dream Queensland home will be by the water on the Gold Coast with a wrapped deck to watch sunrise and sunset. The fantasy home for Kendall is an easy pick. She wants to have a chic multi-story apartment in Chelsea, Soho, or West Village, New York.
- According to her website, Kendall defines success as expectations colliding with reality. She views expectations and reality to be significant factors in measuring success. Success for Kendall has no finish line…when one stops growing, he/she stops living.
- While being interviewed by Amanda Lucas for The Courier-Mail in December 2016, Kendall described the first Christmas dinner she was going to host the dinner for her and Tim’s families in 2016. She planned to serve mimosas with prawn fritters. The menu would be a blend of both families’ Christmas traditions.
- In a March 2019 post, Gilding shared a snap of her little bleary-eyed face the morning after her endometriosis surgery in May 2018. She feels that she was so naive about the surgery, thinking she would be in and out in a day and go back to work the next morning. It turns out she had widespread endometriosis. Kendell had to spend the night in the hospital, and her recovery was prolonged. She wanted her fans to know that March was Endometriosis Awareness Month. While it may be a word they might have heard, perhaps they still did not know what it meant.
Personal / Home / Contact Details
- Marital Status / Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 1
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : Australian