Samantha Heathwood is an Australian journalist. She is also a reporter and TV news presenter for Channel 9’s Nine Regional News.
Personal Life : Family and Education
- Samantha Heathwood was born on May 25, 1985.
- When she was one year old, her family relocated to the city of Toowoomba in Southern Queensland, Australia, where she was raised.
- Samantha has a sister.
- She attended Fairholme College and later the Glennie School in Toowoomba from 1993 to 1999.
- After graduating from the Glennie School, Samantha moved to Brisbane, where she attended the University of Queensland from 2000 to 2003. She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism.
- In 2006, Samantha met the man who would become her husband, fellow journalist Kieran Toohey, when she participated and won the Miss Showgirl contest.
- She later married Kieran and had two sons with him: James William Toohey, born on February 1st, 2011, and Henry Alexander Toohey, born in October 2013.
- Kieran and Samantha divorced some time later. Since then, Samantha has been raising her two sons as a single mother (when they’re not spending time with their father).
- After living in Sydney and Brisbane, Samantha returned home to Toowoomba in 2017.
- Currently, she is residing and working in Brisbane.
Work : Career Income, Salary & Net Worth
- After graduating from the University of Queensland in 2003, Samantha spent a year gaining work experience and working for free as an intern for Today Tonight.
- She was then given her first broadcasting job in 2004 by WIN Television in Rockhampton. Samantha worked for WIN Television in Rockhampton until 2010 in different roles: newsreader, reporter, journalist, and TV presenter.
- From 2010 to 2012, Samantha relocated to Toowoomba, where she continued working for WIN Television as a news presenter.
- In 2012, Samantha and her family moved to Sydney, where she worked as a news producer and journalist for Nine News until 2014 when she took time off that she spent in Toowoomba in order to focus on raising her children after the dissolution of her marriage.
- Since 2015, Samantha has been working for Nine News in Brisbane as a news reporter and news presenter. She currently presents eight news bulletins.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Samantha has deep roots in Toowoomba: her grandfather was in charge of Heathwood Pharmacy and her sister had a shoe shop there as well.
- In January 2018, Samantha took her first-ever unaccompanied international flight. She went on a skiing trip in Aspen at the invitation of a friend while her sons spent the holidays with her ex-husband. Although she struggled with being away from her family, she has since described this trip as being life-changing.
- Samantha is a trained classical singer, though that has taken a backseat since she embarked on her journalism career.
- She cites convincing WIN to change the format of the news show to include a dual presenter as one of the biggest achievements of her career.