Farhan Azmi Wiki, Business, Biography | Ayesha Takia Husband Age
Farhan Azmi (Also known as : Ayesha Takia Husband / Abu Azmi Son) Date of Birth / Birthday / Age / How old
February, 1982. His age as of 2019 is around 37 years.
Wife / Wedding & Marriage / Partner / Spouse
Wikipedia Information / Bio Profile
- Farhan Azmi is an Indian entrepreneur and restaurant owner from Mumbai, India. He is also the husband of Bollywood starlet Ayesha Takia.
- Hard working and quite the savvy businessman, Farhan has worked hard to build his own personal empire and is often outspoken about issues close to his heart.
Family, Parents & Married Life :
- Farhan was born in India on the 21st February, 1982 & is now into his mid-thirties.
- Parents: He is the son of an outspoken & often controversial politician and social commentator, Abu Azmi and his wife, Zahida Azmi. Farhan’s grandfather is Haji Niyaz Ahmed Azmi.
- Azmi’s family is Muslim and when he married his wife, Bollywood actress Ayesha Takia in 2009, she gave up her Hindu faith and converted to Islam.
- The couple was married in Mumbai in front of their close friends and family.
- Till her marriage, Ayesha had acted in a number of movies such as Salaam-E-Ishq, Dil Maange More & Tarzan – The Wonder Car. However, her appearances in movies dwindled post marriage.
- Together, the couple has a young son named Mikail Azmi. In a past interview, Ayesha described her perfect date with Farhan as going to a nice restaurant & dancing on the floor without a care about who is watching or what they think.
Education & College :
- Farhan’s full education too was done in Mumbai. He attended Calaba High School before moving on to Jai Hind and Sydenham College.
Career, Job, Net Worth & Business :
- Farhan is quite the entrepreneur in his own right and is the owner of hospitality brands, hotels and restaurants: Café Basilico, Koyla, Citywalk Shoes, Basilico House and ChaiCoffi.
- In addition to being a restaurant owner and an entrepreneur, he is also active in politics and works on various projects to empower the youth, fight for women’s safety, tackle various environmental issues, address the needs of children who are underprivileged as well as fight religious discrimination especially in North Central Mumbai.
- Farhan’s work has seen him travel to many different countries such as Switzerland, the United Kingdom, France, Netherlands, Thailand, Norway, The United Arab Emirates, the United States of America and Saudi Arabia among others.
- Azmi regularly talks about his political work and has explained several times how he wishes to bring change to his community while helping to implement civic amnesties and infrastructure into his constituency.
- When he contested in 2010 polls from Bhiwandi constituency, he had declared his assets as Rs 16 crores.
Trivia & Controversy Height
- Farhan’s wife, Ayesha often works alongside him on social issues such as animal rights, environmental protection, and women as well as senior citizen rights.
- Farhan had previously received disturbing phone calls and threats from strangers and political parties in India that targeted him specifically for going against their beliefs and marrying a Hindu girl.
- One such threating phone call referred to Farhan and Ayesha’s relationship as “Love Jihad” and repeatedly called the couple animals for daring to get married.
- After plenty of similar threats, Azmi decided to get the Mumbai Police involved and file a report. This is not the first time that Azmi has taken the heat with many people often attacking him for misogynistic and rude comments that his father regularly makes about women and other issues.
- Pretty active on social media, Farhan often uses it as a platform to promote his business and political as well as social endeavors.
Currently Married. See above for details