Wikipedia Information / Nikhat Khan Biography
Nikhat Khan is the older sister of Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan.
Early Life, Family & Education :
- Nikhat was born in the year 1962 in Mumbai. As of 2019, she lives in Pune.
- Parents: Nikhat is the daughter of Tahir Khan who is the very renowned actor, producer, director and a writer in the Bollywood industry. Her mother’s name is Zeenat Hussain.
- Siblings : She has three siblings, two brothers and a sister. Her siblings are famous actor Aamir Khan, Farhat Khan and Faisal Khan. She was elder to Aamir.
- Her brother Faisal Khan also acted in some Bollywood movies but was not as famous as Aamir.
- Sister : Farhat is not fond of the camera & therefore always chose to be away from limelight. Farhat was the youngest among the siblings. Farhat is married in a Hindu family, to a person named Rajeev Datta, a well-known businessman. She is settled in the USA with her husband and kids.
- Nikhat is the first cousin (aunt) of artist Imran Khan.
- She is the niece of Nasir Hussain who is a famous India movie maker & the cousin of Mansoor Khan who is also a well-known director and writer. She is also an aunt of Aamir Khan’s children – Junaid, Ira & Aazad Rao.
Nikhat Khan Marriage, Wedding & Children :
- Nikhat is married to Santosh Hegde. They have two kids named Shravan Hegde & Seher Hegde.
- Her son Shravan is married to Neha whom he dated for around ten years.
- Shravan has studied & lived in the USA for many years & now working there as a Computer Engineer.
- Nikhat Khan’s Daughter Seher lives in Pune, living a simple life away from Bollywood limelight.
Interesting Facts :
- Aamir postponed his Dhoom 3 shoot in 2012, to celebrate Nikhat’s 50th birthday.
- She is sometimes known by the name of Nikhat Ara.
- Hair Color – black. She has brown color eyes.
- Nikhat likes to watch Aamir’s movies & give him feedback before the release.
- She had never expected that Aamir will turn to acting, but was glad he did so.
Nikhat Khan Career :
- Nikhat is a renowned Indian movie producer.
- She assisted and produced her father’s initial directorial film named Tum Mere Ho in the year 1990. The movie starred her brother Aamir Khan and actress, Juhi Chawala.
- She also worked as a costume and wardrobe assistant in the movie named Hum Kisi se Kam Nahi.
- One of Aamir’s biggest early hits Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak had her as a costume designer for the actors in the movie.
- Apart from apparel designer, she also worked in Music division in the movie named Besharam wherein she was lyricist for the songs in the movie.