Profile Details / Biography Information
Majda Sakho is considered a style icon amongst the WAG society, and is married to Liverpool footballer Mamadou Sakho.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Majda was born in Morocco but was raised in France.
- Multilingual in French and English, from a young age she had dreams of travelling and possibly funding her self by teaching the two languages.
- During her teenage years, she was approached by modelling agents, who cast her in to catalogue shoots.
- From there she branched out to hosting charity events, and it was through this that she went on to meet her future husband.
- Though an extremely private person by nature, she does provide people an insight into her life via her social media accounts.
Relationship and Life as Mamadou Sakho Wife :
- Majda married the famed Liverpool footballer on 17 June 2012, after a brief courtship.
- The wedding itself was an affair that was spread over two days. The first day involved a traditional ceremony in Paris, which was followed by a more relaxed reception in the Senegal area that her husband’s family originates from.
- She gave birth to their first daughter in early 2013, a child named Aida. This was then followed by the birth of their second daughter Sienna in late 2015.
- Her husband’s life has been marred by drama, beginning with the loss of his father at the age of 12. Majda has been labelled a calming influence on him by his Liverpool coaches.
- She has admitted to not being the biggest fan of football, but she makes a point to attend her husband’s matches when possible, usually with her daughters beside her wearing replicas of his jersey.
Public Image and Charity Work :
- Throughout her time in the spotlight, which came about from her marriage to Mamadou Sakho, Majda has been praised for her style efforts.
- She has appeared in both Harper’s Bazaar and Vogue, and critics have labelled her as ‘fresh’ within the usually over-done WAG community of the UK.
- Sakho has been heavily involved with the website “Vestiaire Collection,” which is a French company that was launched in 2008.
- The company aims to provide fashion to all markets, and is essentially a marketplace where famous style icons can sell their clothes once they have worn them. Before the pieces are passed on to the new owners, they are checked for authenticity.
- Sakho acts as an ambassador for this company, but also sells items she has worn for public appearances.
- Heavily involved in charity work, she sits on the board for her husband’s charity Amsak, which is a charity that aids the underprivileged in countries such as Senegal, Africa, and the Ivory Coast. She has been spotted in those areas on numerous occasions, visiting orphanages especially.
Social Media :
- Her Instagram account, @majdasakho, has 90,000+ followers as of 2019, while her Twitter account of the same name has over 4K followers.