|Personal Details Summary
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB
|March 29, 1964. As of 2024, she is around 60 years old.
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Partner / Engaged / Boyfriend
|Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.
|Children / No. of Kids
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race
|Did Philippa Braithwaite appear in Doc Martin?
|Philippa Braithwaite is the writer and producer of Doc Martin.
Wiki Biography / Profile Background
- Philippa Braithwaite, a British woman with short red hair and pale blue eyes, is a producer in the film industry.
- She has been producing movies for several years, often alongside her current husband, actor Martin Clunes.
Personal Life : Family Marriage and Children
- Philippa was born in the UK in a large, loving family. Holidays and birthdays were always filled with people, and she grew up with an appreciation for that kind of lifestyle.
- She met her current husband, Clunes, while they were both working on the show Staggered. At the time, Philippa was just beginning her producing career, and Martin had gotten out of an unhealthy marriage and was beginning to blossom as an actor.
- Clunes met Braithwaite’s large family and fell in love with the idea of what a loving home could be.
- They married each other shortly afterwards, in 1997, and have been together ever since.
- Earlier, Martin was married for seven years to actress Lucy Aston from 1990 to 1997.
- In 1999, Philippa gave birth to her first daughter, Emily Clunes. Emily played a small role as a child actor in Clunes’ hit show “Doc Martin”.
- The three of them currently live in a fairly secluded area of the UK near Port Isaac.
- The family raise a few animals such as cattle and sheep & also own several horses, chickens, dogs and cats.
Early Work :
- Braithwaite’s first job as a producer was with the 1994 film Staggered, a comedy about a man named Neil who is abandoned naked on a Scottish island before his wedding.
- In 1998, she went on to produce Sliding Doors, a movie about parallel lives starring Gwyneth Paltrow. The film went on to receive 6 awards and was nominated for 1 BAFTA.
- She produced a few TV movies and mini series in the early 2000s, including two Doc Martin movies, which starred her husband Martin Clunes. The films ultimately went on to inspire the Doc Martin TV show that followed.
- When the series began in 2004, she signed on as a producer for those, too.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- From 2008 to 2014, Philippa was the executive producer or co-executive producer for a string of documentaries for Martin Clunes. Among her most popular were Martin Clunes: A Man and his Dogs, Martin Clunes: Islands of Britain, and Martin Clunes & a Lion Called Mugie.
- In 2015, she stepped away from documentaries for a short while and produced a series of episodes for the mini series Arthur & George.
- She then went back to documentaries, and produced two more Martin Clunes specials.
- Since then, Braithwaite has mostly been working on Doc Martin the TV show, which began in 2004 and is still ongoing.
More about Hubby Martin Clunes :
- Martin Clunes grew up in an acting-oriented family and was educated in the arts at a young age. His debut was in a Doctor Who episode in 1983, and since then, he has had over 80 acting credits to his name.
- Aside from playing the title character in Doc Martin, he is also known for his many documentaries and for the long-running series British Men Behaving Badly.