Biography Information / Profile Background
- Randy Danson is an American actress, most recognized for being the former wife of legendary actor and Hollywood giant, Ted Danson.
- Talented, beautiful and passionate about her craft, Randy has received quite a few nominations and accolades for her acting work.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Danson was born in Plainfield, New Jersey, on April 30, 1950.
- Her full name is Randall Lee Gosch, but she prefers to use the last name of her ex-husband Ted professionally.
- Randy is not a very open person when it comes to her personal life, and there is little known about her upbringing or the kind of life she led before becoming famous or meeting her former husband.
- In 1970, Randy married famous actor, Ted Danson. The details of their relationship and subsequent marriage were never fully disclosed, as the couple preferred to maintain a low profile outside of their careers.
- Randy and Ted filed for divorce in 1975, five years after their marriage. The couple did not have any children together and Ted has since remarried twice after the split.
Ted’s Marriage and Children :
- After their marriage ended, Ted went on to marry Casey Coates in 1977. They stayed married for close to 16 years.
- Casey and Ted even had two children – Daughter Kate Danson (born in December 1979) & Alexis Danson.
- Kate was their birth child, and Casey suffered a stroke during pregnancy. Ted took care for her and helped her recuperate. Alexis was adopted a few years later.
- During the late 1980s – 1990s Ted started dating Hollywood A-lister, Whoopi Goldberg but the two never tied the knot. They were frequently spotted together and even appeared together while on ‘The Joan Rivers’ show.
- Casey & Ted divorced in 1993, and it was one of the most expensive divorces at the time with Ted reportedly shelling out a few millions as alimony and settlement.
- Ted later married actress Mary Steenburgen in October 1995. They had done a movie Pontiac Moon together in 1993.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- As an actress, Randy has made quite a lot of appearances in various TV series and full length features. She is most recognized for her work in the 1978 movie The Scenic Route, The Equalizer, which was released in 1985 and The Last Temptation of Christ which was released in 1988.
- She has also made a few small appearances in multiple TV series and movies that include: Power, Law & Order (role of Dr. Greenblatt), Conviction, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, American Playhouse, Kojak: Flowers for Matty, Chain Letters, King of the Gypsies, Impostors, Local Color and Great Performances.
- A true testament to her commitment to the performing arts, Randy has also worked as a Dialogue Coach in the 1989 feature, Longtime Companion.
- She still continues to make small appearances here and there and attends local performing arts events whenever she gets the opportunity.
- Danson has also worked as an actress on Broadway appearing in plays that include: Wonderful Town and the musical Wicked in which she was cast as a replacement for the original actress. She was also a standby in the two plays, Well and Plenty.
Fun Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Over the years, Randy has received multiple accolades and nominations for her acting work, which include the Sustained Excellence of Performance Obie Award and a nomination for Outstanding Ensemble Performance at the Drama Desk Awards.
- Having grown up in a completely different time and generation, Randy has not taken advantage of the new age of social media and does not own an official, verified account on any of the sites.