Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Avni Zaveri is an Indian Interior Designer who lives in Ahmedabad, best known for her marriage to former Indian cricketer Parthiv Patel.
- Fit, beautiful and intelligent, she has worked very hard to come out of her famous husband’s shadow and to make a name for herself as an entrepreneur.
Family Background & Personal Life :
- Zaveri was born to Gujarati parents. She works very hard to stay out of the limelight and so not much is known about her upbringing or family members.
- Avni is married to famous Indian cricketer, Parthiv Patel and in some circles, she uses his last name. The couple has a daughter named Venika Patel and she is about four years old.
- Avni is not very vocal about her career but as per some reports, she does work in Ahmedabad as an Interior Designer.
Dating & Life Before Marriage :
- Avni and Parthiv’s families were close and the couple has been friends since they were children.
- They lived in the same area and often played together but it wasn’t until years later that they final decided to take their friendship to the next level and start dating.
- After dating for a few years, Parthiv took Avni out for a dry and proposed to her in a rather public setting.
- The proposal was captured and shared on a few sites on the internet by on-lookers. The couple were wed in an intimate ceremony in Ahmedabad, India, in front of their many friends and family.
- A few of Parthiv fellow cricketers and teammates were also present for the nuptials. They were married on the 9th March 2008 which also happened to be Parthiv’s 23rd birthday.
Life as Parthiv Patel Wife :
- Despite having her own successful career, Avni often accompanies Parthiv to his games and travels with him as well as their young daughter, Venika Patel.
- Parthiv plays for Gujarat in domestic Indian cricket and often represents the Mumbai Indians in the following Indian Premier League.
- At only 5ft 3 inches, he is regarded as one of the shortest cricketers in the world but, he has made a name for himself on both the domestic and international scene, making his international debut against England in Nottingham in August 2002.
- Avni has talked previously about how proud she is of her husband and regularly supports him.
- Being the wife of a famous cricketer can be a daunting feat but Avni has managed to keep a relatively low profile compared to other wives, despite attending several matches and appearing at various events outside the sport.
- In some cases, she prefers to stay at home with Venika and they watch the matches on television. Parthiv has joked that his daughter often wonders why her father is stuck inside TV and not playing with her!
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Much like her husband, she is quite petite too and is about the same height as he is, if not slightly shorter.
- She loves to travel with her family during her free time and one of her favourite destinations in Italy.