Aditi Mittal is an Indian stand-up comedian, actress and writer. She is one of the first women to do stand-up comedy in the country and is an inspiration to all the women of the country.
Personal Life and Family :
Aditi Mittal was born on November 12, 1987 in Pune, Maharashtra. She was very good in her academics and completed schooling from St. Mary’s and St. Joseph School, Pune.
Later, she went to Wroxton College where she studied Dramatic Literature. She did B.A in Communication and Literature from Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Early Career & Youtube:
After finishing up with her college, Aditi used to work for an Indian media channel in New York, but was not satisfied with her job. So she decided to quit her job and returned to Mumbai. She lost quite a lot of weight just in order to gain some more confidence on stage.
Her characters of ‘Dr. Mrs. Lutchuke’, a sex therapist, and ‘Dolly Khurana’, a thinking Bollywood struggler, are the center of attraction among her acts. She also featured at ‘Canvas Laugh Factory’, ‘The Comedy Store’ and at various places across the country. She often boldly includes sensitive topics like sanitary pads, breasts etc in her acts as she believes that humor is the best fix for gravitas.
TV Career / Professional Life Growth :
She performed for BBC’s ‘Welcome to wherever you are’ produced by Ed Morrish and BBC Asian Comedy’s ‘The cream of South Asian Comedy’ in London. Her comedy has even featured in ‘Stand-Up Planet’ and ‘Menstrual Man’.
She is a member of ITA Award-winning stand-up political satire comedy show ‘Jay Hind’. Mittal has also been a part of comedy specials on Star World, CNN-IBN, Comedy Central India and India T.V.
She has appeared on CNN-IBN’s ‘Phenking News with Cyrus Broacha’, and has featured in ‘Ripping the Decade’ with Vir Das, ‘Fools Gold Awards’ on Comedy Central India, ‘Bollywood OMG’ on Channel [V].
Trivia / Fun Facts:
• Aditi has been rated as one of India’s Top 10 comedians by Times of India.
• She has performed in over 500 shows in venues across India, UK, and USA.
• In February 2014, she appeared as a guest on BBC Radio 4’s ‘The Now Show’.
• She also featured in the American documentary “Stand-Up Planet” where she had the pleasure of personally meeting with great comedians such as Bill Cosby, Carl Reiner, Dane Cook, Bill Burr and Norman Lear.
• She was one of the founding members of the ‘Ghanta Awards’ and the ‘Filmfail Awards’, which were the biggest parody award shows in the country.
• She is also the 1st Indian comedian to perform at the home of stand-up comedy in the world “The Laugh Factory” in Los Angeles, California.
• She was featured on BBC World and BBC America among “India’s trailblazers” and appeared on BBC Asia with RJ Nihal.
His height is around 5 feet 4 inches.