Brian is an American celebrity chef who owns and operates various restaurants in San Diego, California.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Brian was born in September 26, 1972, in Bend, Oregon. He was raised on a ranch!
- His wife is Chantelle Marie, who is a freelance photographer and the founder of a website named ChefsWifeChefsLife.
- Together, the couple they has three children – Older son Hunter, followed by twins Sailor and Miles who are 3 years younger to Hunter.
Early Life and Education :
- Brian studied Culinary Arts in the prestigious Culinary Institute in Portland, Oregon, Le Cordon Bleu.
Brian Malarkey Restaurants and Net Worth :
- In his early days in the culinary industry, Brian worked at many marquee restaurants like Chef Michel Richard’s Citrus in Los Angeles.
- Brian is the founder and executive chef of Searsucker and Herringbone restaurants which have global footprints and have been established in 10 locations worldwide along with America. In 2014, however, he sold most of his stocks to Hakkasan Group and resigned from the restaurant in 2018.
- His reason for resignation was to manage his three healthy fast service restaurants in San Diego with Christopher Puffer, his business partner. The three restaurants were Farmer & The Seahorse, Green Acre and Herb & Wood for which he has received numerous awards and recognitions.
- Some of the awards won by Brian & his restaurants include “Restaurant of the Year” by Eater San Diego, America’s “Biggest Restaurant Openings of 2016” by the Zagat Survey, “Exquisitely executed, stylish restaurant of the year” by San Diego Union Tribune and America’s “10 Best Restaurants” by USA Today.
- He also has an all day cafe and gourmet market, Herb & Eatery, attached to the restaurant, Herb & Wood. He is also working on his two new projects – Herb & Sea and Animae.
- Currently, he has worked with & owns over 10 restaurants over the course of his career.
Work on TV and Other Events :
- Due to his popularity and culinary skills, Brian has been called to judge many shows like Guy’s Grocery Games on Food Network, Chopped All-Stars, Rachael vs. Guy: Kids Cook Off, and Cutthroat Kitchen.
- As a Top Chef finalist in season 3, Brian also competed against globally acclaimed chefs.
- He has been a winning mentor on the show, The Taste, on ABC, which he hosted along with industry connoisseurs such as Nigella Lawson, Anthony Bourdain and Ludo Lefebvre.
- He is also a frequent face on the show, Good Morning America and the Today Show.
- As a food expert, Malarkey appears in many wine and food festivals worldwide.
Fun Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Brian is an active sportsperson, delving into surfing, spear fishing, boating and paddle boarding in his free time.
- He owns a racehorse and has also tried his hands in photography, being a racetrack photographer in the past.
- Brian is also into charity and promotes non profit organizations like the Berry Good Food Foundation, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Surfer’s Healing and Rady Children’s Hospital amongst others.
- His love for cooking began when he would cook for his friends and entertain them.
- Brian’s cooking is inspired by Oregon coast and Northwest region of America.
- The dish loves preparing at home is rotisserie chicken.