Saima Noor Age, Family, Wedding, Children, Biography, Wiki, Pics
Birthday / Date of Birth / Age
May 1967. Her age as of early 2020 is around 50 years.
Husband / Marriage / Wedding
Currently Married. Her husband name is Syed Noor
Emily Wears Wikipedia / Profile Information
Saima Noor is a renowned Pakistani actress, who is known for appearing in over 200 films.
Personal Life, Education & Family Details:
- Saima was born on 5 May 1967 in a small town in Pakistan.
- From a young age, she was interested in acting and dance, and was taught traditional Punjabi dances by her maternal grandmother.
- In 2005, she married acclaimed director Syed Noor after quietly dating for multiple years, who is 16 years her senior.
- Although the wedding took place in 2005, they did not announce it until 2007. Due to this, Noor was accused of announcing her marriage to bring attention to her career, which at that stage was in a slump.
- Syed labelled her his muse, and she has starred in 32 of his movies since 1997.
- On 31 December 2011, Syed has a mild paralysis stroke and Noor immediately put her career on hold to nurse him back to health.
Career & Professional Life
- Saima’s debut as an actress came in 1987, where just after her 20th birthday, she scored a role in the movie Griban.
- She followed it up with the movie Khatarnaak, and both performances earned her rave reviews from the critics.
- Her success with her first two movies led to her landing major roles in the Punjabi blockbuster films Baazigor, Choorian and Majagan.
- In 2012, after her husband recovered from his health issues, he wrote and directed the critically acclaimed Shareeka which he cast Saima in.
- Throughout her career she has been praised for her abilities in acting as well as singing and dancing, and has received multiple awards. The most notable being at the Lux Style Awards, where she has won the award for best actress in both the categories of film and television.
Saima Noor Height of Controversy :
- In the mid-90’s, a book was released which claimed to blow the whistle on corruption in Pakistan politics. The book was initially banned by parliament, but was subsequently released on the black market.
- It was titled “Parliament se Bazar-e-Husn tak”, and accused Noor of being involved in a huge scandal.
- The book stated that she had been having an affair with Asif Ali Zardazri, who had served as the 11th president of Pakistan.
- At the time, he was married to the well-known politician Benazir Bhutto, who had also served as president prior to his election, and it was said that his wife had found them together.
- The book alleged that Noor used the affair to gain traction in her career due to the influence Zardazri had.
- She has denied all accusations from the book, and initially claimed that Zardazri’s opposition who were trying to remove him from power, had wrote it.