Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Sarah Jakes Roberts is an American published author, as well as a businesswoman and a media personality.
- She is also the daughter of Bishop Thomas Dexter Jakes Sr., also known as T.D. Jakes, and she co-pastors at The Potter’s House in Los Angeles and Denver.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Sarah Jakes Roberts was born July 17, 1988, in West Virginia.
- Parents : Her father is the pastor, filmmaker, and author Thomas Dexter Jakes Sr., and her mother is actress Serita Jamison Jakes.
- She has four siblings: Cora Jakes-Coleman (born July 19, 1987), Thomas Dexter Jakes Jr. (born August 14, 1994), Jamar Jakes (born January 4, 1979), and Jermaine Jakes (born January 4, 1980).
Early Life, Education & Kids :
- The young Sarah became pregnant at the tender age of 13 and had her first son at the age of 14.
- While raising her son, Sarah graduated at the age of sixteen in the top 10% of her high school class.
- She then went on to study journalism at the Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas.
- After a failed marriage of four years to the Washington Redskins linebacker Robert Henson (with whom she had a second child), Sarah went on to marry her current husband, Touré Roberts, pastor of One Church International. The two were wed on November 23, 2014.
- Sarah had a third child together with Touré, Ella Roberts, on February 10, 2016.
- This brought the total of their blended family up to six children: three children from Touré’s previous marriage, two of Sarah’s from her previous relationships, and Ella.
- The family currently resides between Los Angeles, California, and Denver, Colorado.
Church Work, Sermons & Net Worth :
- Sarah started blogging right before her divorce from Robert Henson. Her posts were very personal and candid, reflecting struggles that represented the feelings of many female readers.
- She then wrote a memoir, Lost and Found: Finding Hope in the Detours of Life, that she released in April 2014. She also discussed her struggles with depression and toxic relationships and how she found strength in her faith.
- In 2017, Sarah launched Woman Evolve, a ministry with a yearly conference that concerns itself with supporting women to reach their full potential, providing guidance and healing.
- Sarah and her work have been mentioned on The Today Show, Essence, Dr Phil, and the Associated Press.
- She also co-pastors alongside her husband Touré Roberts at The Potter’s House at Los Angeles and Denver.
- She preaches about her faith in a way that redefines what it means to be a woman of color who is also religious, especially in terms of expectations that society sets upon them.
Fun Facts & Trivia :
- Sarah has also hosted a podcast, and is very interested in and knowledgeable about the world of fashion.
- In 2018, she launched a fashion line.
- Sarah has been a speaker at the ‘I Am Woman’ conference.
- She refers to her parents as her ‘first best friends,’ and frequently mentions the support she has received from them.
Body Info / Physical Features
Sarah Jakes Roberts Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Brown
- Height : 5′ 7″
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information is available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Weight Loss : A few Google queries regarding this, but we couldn’t find anything conclusive on any of her social media.
Personal / Home Details
- Married ? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 6
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Black
- Nationality : American