Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Amy Tarkanian is an American Republican strategist.
- She has also served as a chairwoman of the Nevada GOP, and is married to Republican congressional candidate Danny Tarkanian
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Amy Tarkanian was born as Amy Michelle Hanson to parents Gary and Anita Hanson on May 1, 1977, in Fresno, California.
- She spent some time working in Los Angeles, California, as an actress, before moving on & becoming a political commentator.
Married Life & Children :
- Amy married businessman and frequent congressional candidate Daniel John Tarkanian (aka Danny) in October 2001.
- The couple have four children together: 17-year old Lois, 15-year old fraternal twins Ashley and Ava, and 10-year old Jerry Jr (ages as of 2020).
- Lois and Jerry Jr. were named after their paternal grandparents – Las Vegas city councilwoman Lois Tarkanian and the late acclaimed American basketball coach Jerry Tarkanian, who passed away in 2015.
- In April 2015, Amy’s youngest son, Jerry Jr, suffered a stroke at the age of five, despite having no preceding health issues.
- The child fully recovered from the ordeal, but this experience inspired Amy to found the Tark Toy Drive, a non-profit organization that delivers donated toys to children in hospitals.
- Currently, she resides in Las Vegas, Nevada, with her husband and children.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Tarkanian was elected as chairwoman of the Nevada State Republican Party in 2011, but resigned in January 2012, giving way to her husband’s unsuccessful bid for Congress.
- In 2016, Amy was part of the Nevada delegation at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland.
- Amy has also been on The Leukaemia and Lymphoma Society’s fundraising committee. She has been involved with the Las Vegas American Heart/Stroke Association in several capacities, most recently as part of their executive leadership team.
- She has appeared on TV and radio as a political commentator, contributing frequently to Fox News, RT TV and other media outlets. She has appeared on shows like Lou Dobbs Tonight, Trish Regan Primetime, Mornings with Maria Bartiromo etc.
- Amy is also on the Hope for Prisoners advisory council.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
Married. See above for more details.
- Amy is very religious and fully supports the former President of the United States, Donald Trump, as well as her husband Danny’s political career.
- In December 2018, Amy and Danny were invited by the President and the First lady to a holiday reception at the White House.
- Amy also got to tour the White House with her youngest son, Jerry Jr., posting photos from the event on her Instagram.
- She is a big fan of trips to Disneyworld.
- She is very vocal with her political commentary on her Twitter account and does not shy away from stating her opinion on the events that shake up the world of politics.
- Amy has a dog, a Border Collie/Whippet mix called Lucy. Amy is currently seeking to rehome Lucy due to the family’s constant on-the-go lifestyle that keeps them away from home most of the day.
- She refers to herself as a ‘taxi mom’ because she constantly drives her children everywhere they need to be, from school to games to after-school activities.