|Personal Information Summary|
|Eyebrows||It was a GIF of Ashley Parker’s facial expressions and eyebrows that became viral.|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||Born in 1982. As of 2023, she is around 41 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Engaged / Fiance / Partner||Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|What newspaper did Ashley Parker work for?||She was a features editor and writer for both 34th Street Magazine and The Daily Pennsylvanian, an independent student newspaper|
|Children / No. of Kids||1|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
An esteemed Pulitzer Prize Winner, Ashley Rebecca Parker, is a renowned American journalist originally from Bethesda, Maryland.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Ashley was born in the year 1982 & her high schooling was done at Walt Whitman High School in Bethesda, Maryland.
- In 2018, Ashley got married to Michael Charles Bender, who is also a White House Reporter. There is a five-year age difference between the two. This was also Michael’s second marriage.
- The pair had first met in 2015 but started dating only in 2017.
- Ashley is the daughter of parents Betty A. Parker and Bruce J. Parker. Her dad retired as the president and CEO of Environmental Industries Association, a trade association in Washington. Her mom worked as a gardener in the Washington area.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Ashley completed her high schooling was done in Walt Whitman High School in Bethesda, Maryland.
- She spent her junior year at La Universidad de Sevilla, in Spain. As a result, she became fluent in Spanish.
- Later, she graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 2005. She got her Bachelor’s degree in English and Communications, specifically focusing on Creative Writing. Parker also received the Benjamin Franklin Scholarship & was also awarded with Nora Magrid Mentorship Prize for writing in her senior year.
- Ashley interned with The New York Sun and Gaithersburg Gazette.
- She was also the feature editor and writer for 34th Street Magazine and The Daily Pennsylvanian – an Independent Newspaper run by students of University of Pennsylvania.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Ashley’s first professional experience came about as a researcher for Maureen Dowd, a columnist for The New York Times and a renowned author.
- Following this in October 2005, she started writing for The New York Times Magazine.
- Ashley has also made intermittent appearances on Washington Week on PBS Network.
- Besides this, she has written for several publications such as Life Magazine, Chicago Magazine, Washingtonian, Glamour and The Huffington Post.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- While Ashley can be pictured as glued to her personal computer writing for various publications, her photos have interestingly appeared on Vanity Fair magazine.
- She had covered Chelsea Clinton’s wedding for The New York Times.
- One of her high school classmates was Andrew Feinberg, former White House Correspondent for Sputnik, the Russian State-owned news agency.