Wiki Information / Biography Profile
- Shermichael Singleton is a writer, political commentator for CNN & a Republican political consultant.
- He shot to fame when President Donald Trump fired him from the Department of Housing and Urban Development, where he was working as the Deputy Chief of Staff.
- An article he wrote in October 2016 provoked this. He had criticized the then candidate Trump, a move that Shermichael is unapologetic about. In the article, he blasted Trump’s rhetoric toward black voters.
Personal Life : Parents & Family Background
- Singleton was raised in Dallas, Texas, and he currently resides in Washington D.C. Growing up in Texas, he closely associated with the Republican Party since a young age.
- He attended the only US all-male black college, Morehouse College from where he graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Shermichael has worked for several political campaigns, most prominently for former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney & for former U.S. Speaker of the house Newt Gingrich.
- He also does consulting for high-profile clients & political candidates, such as those running for Congress, state and local offices.
- An experienced tactician with a sharp mind, he is also associated with America Rising, a Republican opposition research firm, in the role of a political opposition analyst and researcher. While there, he was part of a team that played a crucial role in every key race during the 2014 Republican midterm elections.
- Additionally, Singleton is a well-known public speaker & has spoken to big audiences in Case Western University, The John F. Kennedy School of Government in Harvard University & the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, amongst other groups and organizations.
- He has been a featured guest on stations such as The New York Times, The Washington Post, BuzzFeed, The Huffington Post, CNN, BET and C-SPAN.
- Singleton also features on NewsOne on a weekly basis with host Roland Martin. He is also a contributor to print media where he contributes to The Hill, American CurrentSee and The Washington Times magazine.
- His writings have been cited in a number of places such as CNBC, BBC, Die Zeit (the German equivalent of The New York Times) and The Washington Post.
- As an OP:ED writer, he also writes for several conservative blogs that are nationally recognized.
Awards & Achievements :
- Shermichael was among the 10 African-American people to be appointed for Senior Executive Service (SES) political appointees & was also the youngest to be elected for an SES position.
- He is the founder of the College Republican Chapter at Morehouse College, which is an Alma mater of Dr. Martin L. King Jr. Here, he has directed many events including conferences on religion, race and politics & helped plan leadership training by Leadership Institute and ISI.
- In 2010, Mr. Singleton also ran for Vice Chairman of the Georgia Association of College Republican and was endorsed by HHR Blog.