Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Ian Dunt is a British journalist and a published author. He is also the editor of a UK based website dedicated to political news.
Personal Life : Family and Education
- Ian Dent was born on February 4, 1982, to mixed race parents – An English father and a Guatemalan mother.
- He attended the Pilgrims’ Preparatory School for boys in Winchester, Hampshire, which was a harrowing experience he wrote about in an essay for the Liberty Writers Project.
- Ian went to study at the University London College from 2001 to 2004, where he graduated with a mark of 2:1 in Philosophy.
- He then relocated to Warwickshire, where he studied a Master’s degree in International Relations at the University of Warwick from 2004 to 2006.
- In 2008, he also earned a diploma in journalism and media law from the London School of Journalism.
- Currently, he resides in London.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Ian began his career in journalism as a journalist for Pinknews(dot)co(dot)uk from January 2006 to January 2007, where he wrote primarily about sexual crimes and gay rights.
- He followed that with a job as a political analyst for Yahoo!, to which he still contributes to today.
- Since January 2010, he has also been a political editor for the Erotic Review, for which he has written pieces on pornography, as well as on ATVOD (Authority for Television on Demand), the pornography regulator in the United Kingdom.
- Currently, Dunt serves as the editor of the popular news website Politics(dot)co(dot)uk.
- He also contributes frequently to established media networks & news channels, such as BBC News, al-Jazeera, and Sky News.
- Furthermore, Ian also writes lifestyle articles for several publications focusing on social justice, immigration, free speech, and civil liberties.
- In the aftermath of the Brexit referendum, Ian published a book entitled Brexit: What the Hell Happens Now?.
- He is also one of the co-hosts of the weekly Brexit podcast Remainiacs.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- Ian’s mother’s family had lived in Lebanon before moving to Guatemala. Ian visited Lebanon after going on an extended trip through Europe as well, and managed to trace some of his lineage & old relatives there.
- His paternal grandmother was born in the East End of London.
- Ian mentions that he is looking forward to the upcoming series taking place in the ‘Star Wars’ universe, The Mandalorian, as well as to the next instalment in the ‘Terminator’ saga, Dark Fate.
- Ian recommends author Tom Chivers’ book The AI Does Not Hate You, particularly to those worried by the evolution of technology. He is also a fan of Jacob Bronowski’s documentary television series The Ascent of Man.
- Given the fact that Brexit has been voted by the British people, Ian supports the soft Brexit path that allows for the continued presence of Britain in the European Economic Area.
- Ian has been asked several times if he is going to attempt to become a MP (Member of Parliament), but he has stated he has no interest in such a position.