Personal Life :
Rupali Chakankar is a member of Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) and was recently appointed NCP’s President of Woman Wing.
Family Profile :
Her parents are Babanrao Borate and Parvati Borate. After the resignation of Chitra Wagh a few months prior to the Assembly Elections of 2019, Mrs Chakankar was appointed as Woman State President of NCP by NCP State President Jayant Patil.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
Her educational details are as follows :
- Mrs. Chakankar has completed Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Pune University.
Political Journey :
- Rupali’s mother in law Rukmini Chakankar was the first corporator of Dhayari village municipality. This inspired her to join the sphere of politics.
- Under the Leadership of MP Supriya Sule and Rupali Chakankar, 10,000 cycles donation activities were implemented in Pune district through Tata Trust’s co-operation.
- She was actively taking part in the initiative ‘Save the Lake’ mission under the guidance of NCP Leader Supriya Sule.
- She also organized several agitations against women oppression.
- She has worked with numerous SHGs (Self Help Group) that try to raise the economic, social status of women.
Posts held during the political journey are as follows :
- Khadakwasala Assembly – President & Speaker.
- Krantijyoti Mahila Pratishthan Dhayari – President.
- Pune City Women’s Vigilance Committee – Member.
- Savitri Savings Group Federation – Member.
Awards and Achievements :
- Mrs. Chakankar was awarded as ‘Gaurav Stree Shakti’ in Maharashtra State awards.
- Pune Manpa Gaurav Award.
- Savitribai Phule Award.
- NCP workers led by Rupali Chakankar threw crabs outside the residence of Minister of Maharashtra Water Conservation Minister Tanaji Sawant in Pune against his statement on Ratnagiri Dam.
- Under the leadership of Rupali, NCP workers wore black shirts and black bands, shouting slogans in protest of the BJP government and ED initiating action against NCP president Sharad Pawar.