Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Ilusión Millán is an American-Mexican TV producer. She is more well-known as the former wife of dog expert and whisperer César Millan.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Ilusión Millán (maiden name Ilusión Wilson) in 1976. Despite being raised in the United States, she describes herself as both Mexican and American. Born to a middle-class family, her father owned a precision machine business.
- Ilusión met César Felipe Millán Favela when she was seventeen and saw him in the crowd at an ice rink, which was all it took for her to know she wanted to be with him!
- At the time, César was still an illegal immigrant, having crossed the border on his own at the age of twenty-one. He was a limousine cleaner when Ilusión met him, and he initially broke things off with her because she was still underage.
- Ilusión returned to César’s life when she turned eighteen, in 1994.
- She soon discovered that she had fallen pregnant, which prompted a marriage proposal from her boyfriend.
- The two were soon married – At the time, Ilusión was eighteen years old and César was twenty-five years old. They lived together in Los Angeles, California.
- In July of 2010, Ilusión filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences after sixteen years of marriage. As per some reports, she received $400,000 as a one-time payment and monthly dues of around $30,000 as alimony.
- César and Ilusión had two sons from their marriage – André Millán (born in 1995) and Calvin Millán (born in 2001). After the divorce, Ilusión received full custody of the children, but the children remain close to both their parents.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Ilusión started out as a preschool teacher, but as her ex-husband César’s dog training business grew, she became more and more involved with it.
- Once César founded his company César Millán Inc., Ilusión quickly became the company’s president and co-CEO.
- She has also been influential in the company’s work to support charities that promote animal health and wellbeing.
- From 2006 to 2012, Ilusión was also a co-executive producer and associate producer of her former husband’s TV show Dog Whisperer with César Millán. She worked on over fifty-five episodes and also appeared in several episodes herself.
- The series Dog Whisperer spanned over eight seasons and focused on dozens of cases on the National Geographic TV channel.
- She also collaborated with the Ivy League Yale University to create so-called Mutt-i-grees. Mutt-i-grees is a curriculum specifically targeted at young children and based on the teachings of the Dog Whisperer, César Millán.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- Ilusión’s former husband César used to call Ilusion ‘The Man Whisperer’. He also stated that she had a great head for business.
- After nearly dying from gallbladder issues in 1995, Ilusión went through surgery. Shortly after, she took her son Andre and left home, giving César an ultimatum about their relationship. The two went through a period of counseling & the marriage last another 15 odd years.
- Before Ilusión’s divorce, there was a TV show pilot in the works based on her marriage with César.