Wikipedia Biodata / Profile Background
Dolores ‘Dolo’ Fonzi is an Argentinian film actress, TV and theatre personality. She was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Background :
- Dolores was born the eldest of three children in the Fonzi family. After separation from their father, her mother moved to her hometown Adrogue, Greater Buenos Aires, Argentina, where the three children grew up.
- She has 2 younger siblings – brothers Tomas and Diego. Thomas Fonzi is also a well-known actor who regularly features in Argentinian as well as international movies and TV series, many of which have received critical acclaim. Brother Diego Fonzi has also appeared in a TV series and is a musician.
Dating History :
- At the start of her career, it was reported that Dolores and her fellow actor and singer Juan Ponce de Leon were engaged, however, the relationship lasted only a month.
- She was then reported to be in and on and off relationship with Argentinian Film director Luis Ortega from 1998-2003 and then film producer Alvaro Sueiro from 2004-2005.
- She has also been rumored to be involved with her fellow actors Mariano Martinez, Luciano Castro and musician Emmanuel Horvilleur.
- She started dating well-known Mexican actor Gael García Bernal in 2008. The couple had first met on the sets of the movie Private Lives in 2001. They have two children – son Lazaro (born January 8, 2009, in Madrid, Spain) & daughter Libertad (born April 4, 2011, in Buenos Aires).
- In 2014, rumors of their split surfaced, which were later, confirmed by Gael’s mother Patricia Bernal. The split was widely reported in international newspapers. Gael García Bernal later put to rest the rumors of their marriage by confessing that the couple was never married.
- Dolores Fonzi now stays in Buenos Aires with her children. In 2016, she started dating film director Santiago Mitre. Fonzi herself confirmed the relationship after she posted a picture of them on her Instagram account with the caption ‘cursi por vos’ (English: Cheesy for you).
Career & Rise to Fame :
- Dolores started modeling and trained for theatre under the guidance well-known theatre personality – Carlos Gandolfo.
- She made her first television appearance at the age of 17 – in the TV series La Nena (1996). She then starred in Ricos Y Famosos, another TV series.
- In 1998, she bagged the role of Clara Vazquez in the TV series Verano del ’98 (Endless Summer) in which her younger brother Tomas Fonzi played the role of her character Clara’s brother Benjamin Vazquez.
- It was a negative role and she gained much recognition and popularity for it. This was followed by the TV series Cabecita (1999) and Sodero de mi Vida, El (2001). Her first film was Plata Quemada (2000).