Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
- Mel in Melbourne is an Australian YouTube star and influencer.
- She focuses on blogging about luxury handbags, particularly those made by the French iconic fashion brand Chanel.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Mel was born on September 20, 1986, in Malaysia. She moved with her family to Australia when she was about three years old.
- Though born in Malaysia, Mel considers herself fully Australian.
- She has six siblings, a fact she has said she enjoys much more now that she is older than when she was a child.
- Mel is married to her high school sweetheart and has two children, a daughter called Sab, and a son.
- Currently, she resides with her family in Melbourne, Australia. Her husband is a physiotherapist.
Career, Income, Salary & Net worth :
- Mel’s first job was at a restaurant, when she was a teenager.
- Her early career was focused on real estate but now she is primarily known as a YouTuber.
- In 2013, she started her YouTube channel ‘Mel in Melbourne’ and has over 250,000 subscribers (as of 2021).
- Before she worked in real estate, Mel worked as a fashion buyer.
- Currently, Mel spends a lot of time on her career as an influencer – reviewing products, travelling, and taking unboxing videos.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Mel says that she can never fall asleep before 1 a.m.
- In 2015, he went on a mission trip to Cambodia, where she helped disadvantaged women and children. Mel took her son on the trip. While in Cambodia, Mel tried some of the local gastronomy, including a tarantula.
- She used to be addicted to Coca-Cola, but now goes for sparkling water instead.
- Though she is scared of heights, Mel went on a hot air balloon when her husband bought her a ride as an anniversary present.
- Mel used to play the piano and the flute, and has recently started getting back into playing the piano.
- Mel is very passionate about buying presents for others.
- She loves jazz music, particularly the music of Frank Sinatra. Her favourite song is ‘Fly Me to the Moon’.
- When she was young, Mel used to love classic Chinese fighting movies, even though she did not know the language.
- Her nickname in high school was ‘Macleans’, after the toothpaste, because she was known for her bright and constant smile.
- Mel is unable to whistle.
- She frequently spends time talking about fashion with her daughter, and the two also do twinning photoshoots.
- Her son is more in love with video games, but Mel gets to share a lot of time with him when they go out to eat.
- Mel is a huge art lover, and collects art for her home.
- She is also a fan of fashion brands like Gucci, Fendi, Dior, and Louis Vuitton.
- Mel loves designer jewellery, in particular designer earrings. She loves coloured and black handbags.
- A self-confessed ‘heels girl,’ Mel has many pairs of designer shoes.
- Mel in Melbourne Height : 5’ 5” or 164 cms.