Bio Profile / Wiki Information
- Alison Keenan, a bright, dynamic woman with round cheeks and a quaint smile, is a nighttime host for the popular shopping channel QVC.
- She works for the company’s UK division and has been doing so for over a decade.
Personal Life & Trivia :
- Alison currently has three grown-up children, all from her first marriage.
- On 26th June 2015, she tied the knot again with a musician named Colin Elsworth, who deftly handles Keenan’s active lifestyle and odd work hours. During the ceremony, Alison wore a beautiful 50s style swing dress by Candy Anthony, paired with stunning Jimmy Choo shoes.
- Keenan’s education did not take the traditional path. She began working as soon as she was of age to do so and had a string of successful starter jobs.
- As a result, she put off higher education and went into school a bit later than most.
- After her career expanded even further, she dropped out of college.
- She then returned to college after having her first child and earned her degree.
- Besides her QVC presenting career, Keenan has jumped around to different news channels & stations throughout the years & even tried her hand at fiction. She’s written several successful screenplays and storylines.
- She also went through a tough breast cancer battle but managed to conquer it successfully.
Health Update :
- Is Alison Keenan Ill / Illness / Sick : In January 2011, Alison was diagnosed with invasive lobular breast cancer. She first had a lumpectomy, then a mastectomy, total lymph node clearance, six months of chemotherapy, and 15+ radiotherapy sessions.
- She had to take tamoxifen to inhibit the production of oestrogen. After a long treatment, she managed to conquer the disease.
Early Career : Public Affairs Department of Shell International Petroleum
- Keenan’s first job was at the age of just 16 in London, England, when she worked in the public affairs department of a petroleum company.
- There, she handled administrative duties and assisted with scheduling.
- It was her first glimpse into the inner workings of how companies interact with the public.
Books & Writing :
- Alison then moved to London’s West End, where she got a position in the publicity department of a well-known publisher, Michael Joseph.
- Her hard work and tenacity quickly earned her a promotion, and she began working as the assistant publicity manager in Joseph’s sister publisher, Pelham Books.
- Pelham Books mainly publishes children’s books, which perfectly poised Keenan to learn the ins and outs of interacting with some of the world’s biggest sceptics: “mother’s purchasing items for their children.”
- Her work with the press also gave her an insight into other forms of media.
Radio & TV Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- After her work with the book publisher, Alison moved on and worked briefly as an account executive for private clients before deciding to return to college.
- During her time in school, she began doing voice-overs for a local radio station.
- Two weeks after starting with Beacon Radio, she began co-hosting the station’s mid-morning show.
- As her popularity rose on various radio stations, Keenan decided to transition to TV. She got a spot on the UK news channel ITV as a substitute anchor for the station’s morning talk show, This Morning.
- In 2000, Keenan started working at QVC during their nighttime programming and sells everything from electronics to jewellery. When she’s not on QVC, she’s usually writing.