|Personal Information Summary|
|Maiden Name||Not known|
|Eyebrows||Few people online have commented that eyebrows and eyelashes are naturally too dark and thick.|
|Date of Birth / Birthday / How old is Jill Franks / Age / DOB||July 25, 1965. As of 2022, she is around 57 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Spouse / Engagement / Partner||Married. See below for relationship details.|
|Is Jill Franks still on QVC?||Yes|
|Children / No. of Kids||None|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Jill Franks, a petite blonde with blue-grey eyes and a pointed face, has been acting ever since she was a child. She is most well-known for her work as a host on QVC UK.
Jill Franks Family and Personal Life :
- On November 22, 1993, Jill married her husband, Larry, on the Caribbean island of St. Lucia.
- This destination wedding cemented her love of the tropics, and she continues to regularly vacation there with him.
- Franks and her husband also own a bulldog named Scruncher, who is now over a decade old. Back in 2014, Scruncher, then seven years old, had gone missing after Larry turned his back on the micro-chipped dog for a few seconds.
- Along with her love of fitness, Jill describes herself as someone who is born to shop.
Professional Life : Early Years
- Franks began acting at the age of 14 in the UK, when she landed roles in some commercials, TV shows, and even appeared in some small-stage plays.
- As a child, she was most recognisable for her appearances in the TV show The Darling Buds of May, Tucker’s Luck, and Grange Hill.
- The Darling Buds of May was a comedy series adapted from the novel by H.E. Bates. The series had three seasons and is known in the UK as a TV classic.
- Grange Hill followed a plot of typical high school drama & became popular enough to garner a spin-off, Tucker’s Luck.
- At age 19, Franks began acting in plays for the West End theatre. Among them were Me and My Girl and West Side Story.
Hosting Career, Salary and Net worth :
- Franks soon left acting behind and instead found love in hosting. Her first post-acting job was at Capital Hill FM, London’s number 1 music station. There, she hosted a radio show and presented songs.
- After that, she moved on to Kiss FM, another music station based in London. She then moved on to Virgin Radio, then moved back to TV to work on the UK branch of the popular shopping channel QVC.
- She also runs her own blog through the site.
Jill’s Favourites & Preferences :
- Favourite Food : Chocolate
- Favourite Films : Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Gone with the Wind, The Polar Express, Beauty and the Beast
- Favourite Hobbies : Heading to the theatre, eating out and running
- Perfect weekend idea : Going away to the coast with her husband Larry and pet dog
- Scariest thing ever done : Scubadiving in the Atlantic in freezing temperatures
- Silliest moment at QVC : Accidentally shaving off a model’s hair with Remington clippers as Jill forgot to put the attachment!
Jill Franks QVC Opinions on Forums :
- Unlike most QVC hosts, who have a steady following of supporters & usually a few pockets of viewers who hate them, Franks’ viewer base is split right down the middle. QVC fans either love or hate the enthusiastic reporter, with many citing her presentation style as the reason for their disdain.
- Some viewers believe that she cannot let go of her acting past, and uses QVC as a platform to continuously talk about herself, leaving little time for the product owners to speak.
- Others feel that she is inauthentic, as she constantly swears to her avid use of nearly every beauty product that comes on the show.
- People that love Jill say that she is just a strong presenter, and wants to emphasise to her viewers the true value of the product.
Health Update :
- Jill Franks Illness / Sick : She has no major illness or sickness to date and seems to be in good health.