Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
Antonia Hylton is a reporter, correspondent, and producer, currently working for Vice Media.
Personal Life : Family and Education
- Antonia Hylton was born on September 26, 1993, in Lincoln, Massachusetts, to parents – Maria O’Brien Hylton (mother) and Keith Hylton (father). Both her mom & dad were professors of law.
- Born in a big family, Antonia has six siblings. One of her sisters, Norma, has studied in an M.D./P.Hd. program at the prestigious Harvard Medical School. Her youngest sister Margaret is also a student at Harvard.
- Her maternal grandmother, Estella Marquetti O’Brien, emigrated from Cuba to the United States by herself as a teenager and married a white Australian man of Irish descent. This was a time when interracial marriage was legal.
- Growing up around Boston, Antonia attended Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School in Sudbury, Massachusetts.
- She then followed in the footsteps of her parents and attended Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, from 2011 to 2015. She graduated ‘Magna-Cum-Laude’ with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History and Science. She held the highest honors in the department.
- Currently, Hylton resides in Brooklyn, NYC. Her partner is photographer Florian Koenigsberger.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Following her graduation from Harvard, Antonia started working for the online publishing house Mic as an associate story producer in June 2015. She remained at the company until August 2016, carrying out the roles of associate producer and correspondent as well. While there, Antonia interviewed then-Vice President Joe Biden on topics like the 2016 Presidential elections and campus sexual assault.
- At Mic, she also produced the two seasons of ‘The Movement’ with Darnell Moore, a docuseries offering insight into the lives of American activists.
- In August 2016, Antonia was hired by Vice Media. She was a reporter and associate producer for Vice News Tonight on HBO until October 2017. Later, she took additional responsibilities as a correspondent and producer.
- In 2017, she interviewed ‘Jane Doe,’ a teenaged girl with no documentation taking on the Trump administration for her right to abortion. Some of her other big stories include covering the gang conflicts in Chicago and the aftermath of Hurricane Irma in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Till March 2020, she primarily covered civil rights and politics for Vice News Tonight.
- In March 2020, she started with NBC News as a full-time correspondent.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- Antonia credits her parents’ careers with instilling in her a passion for discussing race, mass incarceration, and politics from an early age.
- Apart from her hunger for good stories, she also loves dancing and traveling. She was a part of several dance groups and has participated in numerous choirs and musicals.
- Antonia visited her maternal grandmother’s home country of Cuba in 2019, spending time with her cousins in the wake of her grandma’s death.
- Hylton cites her 2017 piece covering the Trump administration’s involvement with the Chicago gangs as the one that has made her most proud.
- She started working for Mic just ten days after her graduation from Harvard!
- Antonia was nominated for her first Emmy in 2018 as part of the Vice News Tonight team.
- On the occasion of the last season of the popular HBO series Game of Thrones, Antonia and Steven Roberts produced a piece on black people who are fans of the series.