Bio Profile / Wiki Information
- Brigit Strawbridge is a British environmentalist, most well-known for starring alongside her ex-husband and children on BBC Two’s reality TV series It’s Not Easy Being Green.
- She is generally believed to be the motor behind the whole family project and has since continued her efforts in spreading awareness about ecological issues.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Brigit Strawbridge was born in Yorkshire, where she grew up. She still identifies as a ‘Yorkshire lass.’
- He was married to Rick Strawbridge. The couple divorced in 2010. After the divorce, Dick went on to marry Angel Adoree, in Sep 2015.
- James & Brigit had two kids, James and Charlotte. Both the children are now in their thirties.
Early Life & Education :
- Brigit was educated in Richmond, Virginia, where she attended a convent school. Although she wasn’t so focused on the environment as a child, she did grow up on a farm & learnt all about mechanics.
- She got her first car when she was 17, and spent her teenage years learning how they worked and fixing them. Her knowledge about cars was one of the things she had in common with her future husband, Dick.
Professional Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- Brigit and her family were offered the opportunity to star in It’s Not Easy Being Green after Dick Strawbridge’s previous work on television series Scrapheap Challenge.
- It’s Not Easy Being Green ran for three series from 2006 to 2009. The series focuses on the family’s home Newhouse Farm, where they focus on living an ecofriendly life.
- After moving back to Malvern, she began The Big Green Idea, a charity organisation, where Strawbridge advocated how easy it can be to go green and helping people at their homes, companies or schools.
- Brigit often speaks at horticultural societies, with her main focus being bees – advocating their importance and educating people on how to accommodate them in their gardens. She also writes for various beekeeping blogs such as The British Bee Keeping Association and has written in books such as Permaculture: A Beginners Guide.
- Currently, she runs a blog where she writes about important environmental, as well as social issues.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Brigit hates it when she is airbrushed for publicity shots, describing at her face being ironed!
- As a child, she played outside a lot, even recalling a game of hide-and-seek that lasted two days.
- She practices ‘Off Grid Sundays’ as a way to reclaim time. This can be as easy as switching off phones, and can go as far as not using electricity or the main forms of water supplies.
- As a teenager, her favourite car was a 1955 Ford Popular.
- Brigit works in two forms: research-based and empirical observation. While researching is very important, she says that observation, and spending time in nature, is extremely important – even going as far as to say it is necessary.
- She speaks about NDD (Nature Deficit Disorder), which she feels Western society –which cuts itself off from nature- is suffering from greatly.