Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Angel Adoree is a fashion entrepreneur as well as a worldwide selling author. She is also the wife of Dick Strawbridge, a British engineer, television presenter and environmentalist.
Family Background & Personal Life :
- Angel was born to parents Stephen Newman (father) & Jennifer Newman (mother) in East London.
- Angel and Dick met in 2010 through Angel’s television agent. The pair fell in love instantly.
- In 2013, they had their first child, son Arthur Donald.
- In 2014, they had their second child, daughter Dorathy Francis.
- The couple got married in 2015, in their family home, the ‘Chateau-de-La-Motte-Husson,’ in France.
Education & Early Career :
- At the age of thirteen, Angel loved spending her pocket money on acquiring various vintage clothes and trinkets, which she gathered from second-hand shops and car boot sales.
- In 1995, she set up a stall selling vintage clothing and accessories at Old Spitalfields Market, a lively, artistic and creative market in London’s East End area.
- In 2000, she moved into a converted East London School House. This is where once a month, she hosted a night called “The Angel-A Vintage Experience,” where friends and vintage fashion enthusiasts could enjoy sounds of jazz, eat delicious food, drink copious amounts of wine and try on and buy vintage clothes. The monthly event became a huge success.
- In 2006, Angel trained to become an Image Consultant at the prestigious Aston & Hayes Institute in West London.
- Despite her love and passion for everything vintage, Angel is actually a fully qualified chartered accountant with a background in Business Studies.
Professional Net Worth : Books & Business
- Angel is the founder of ‘The Vintage Patisserie,’ an online retail outlet, events, and hospitality management company.
- In 2011 she opened up her first ‘Vintage Patisserie’ shop in Hackney, East London. She had a staff of eleven working for her, and delivering up to ten events a week, and business boomed.
- Her work was published in the likes of the ‘Sunday Times Style,’ ‘The Independent’ and ‘Grazia.’
- Shortly after, her book deal followed, and she became the author of a series called the ‘Vintage Tea Party,’ selling copies worldwide.
- Angel’s original concept work gained the interest of fashion designers and brands, with big clients including Paul Smith, Kim Jones, Cutler, and Gross and Liberty’s.
Dragon’s Den :
- Adore has appeared in the hit BBC series ‘Dragons Den,’ where budding entrepreneurs pitch their product or service in hope to gain investment from up to four business tycoons.
- In 2010, she won the hearts of the Dragons and received £100,000 worth of investment from Dragons Deborah Meaden and Theo Paphitis, for her business idea.
- Even though nothing came into fruition after Angel and Deborah’s partnership, the pair is still friends to this day.
Moving Countries & Renovation Project :
- In January 2015, Angel and Dick left their home in the UK and moved to France where they purchased a grand 19th-century Chateau in the Pays de La Loire.
- The ‘Chateau-de-La-Motte-Husson’ has an astounding forty-five rooms within five stories & was bought at a paltry sum of £280,000! In fact, the couple had sold their two-bedroom London flat for £400,000 & funded this huge place.
- After one of the biggest renovation projects of the couple’s lifetime, The Chateau is now available for hire for vintage weddings, retreats and other special events.
- In 2016, their adventures with restoring the Chateau got turned into a three-part documentary on Channel 4 called ‘Escape to the Chateau.’