Wiki Information / Biography Profile
- James Strawbridge is a known celebrity chef, environmentalist, conservationist, author and food entrepreneur.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- James is the son of Dick (father) & Brigit Strawbridge (mother), and the brother of Charlotte Strawbridge.
- Dick Strawbridge is known for being a television presenter, engineer and environmentalist. He appeared in a number of television programs, wherein James appeared in some of them as well.
- James’ parents separated in 2010, and his father Dick married again after five years, and has two babies with Angel Adoree.
- James Strawbridge is a loving husband and father to his wife Holly and children. The family lives in Cornwall.
- The culture in Cornwall has influenced James in various ways. He’s inspired to cook outdoors on rocket stoves, DIY smoker and open fires.
- James loves filming or crimping pasties when he’s not cooking at all.
- He’s also fond of rowing and relaxing in his wooden sailing boat.
- James has a humongous set of sharp tools that he has collected and used in his years in the kitchen
- James finished his college in the University of York, with a degree in Environmental history. In a TV series, he was given the opportunity utilise his education expertise in using renewable energy and environmental resources.
TV Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- The first television show James appeared on was called It’s Not Easy Being Green. He appeared on this show with his father, & this paved the way for him to have his own name.
- It’s Not Easy Being Green was a stepping-stone for James to showcase his knowledge and passion. They also helped people across the UK through micro and macro-projects focusing on ecology and environmental conservation.
- Apart from It’s Not Easy Being Green, he continued to apply his knowledge through his eco-projects on an island in Fiji for BBC2’s Paradise or Bust.
- Dick and James reunited in a 20-part series, The Hungry Sailors, which was broadcasted on ITV1. The show focused on a lot of interesting stories from farmers, fishermen, and people along Britain’s coastline, while the duo was leisurely cooking and trying out the local food.
- Another ITV1 show The Saturday Farm, gave the viewers a glimpse of James’ life in Cornwall & his fondness for cooking food in the outdoors.
Businesses & Other Work :
- James has written a book called Practical Self Sufficiency: The Complete Guide to Sustainable Living, co-writing it with his father Dick, which demonstrated the feasibility of living in an era of consumerism and yet, being able to have little to no waste.
- He was also an eco-consultant for a major tourist attraction in Cornwall named Lost Gardens of Heligan, and co-written Made at Home, a series of books about artisan crafts, traditional skills, and food preservation.
- With the help of his wife Holly, he founded the Post Pasty Company in 2013. He also did cooking demonstrations, catering events, and he attended street festivals, and a lot more.
- James was also the executive chef at a Cornish Bar & Grill in Fowey, Cornwall.
- He’s currently busy with his website and a lot of food collaborations, as well as coming up with recipes for his upcoming smoked food manual which will be available soon on Amazon.