|Personal Details Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||June 21, 1982. As of 2022, she is around 40 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Spouse / Partner||Married. See below for relationship details.|
|What university did Christina Blacker graduate from?||After graduating from the University of Southern California, she got a degree in Broadcasting.|
|Children / No of Kids||2|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||Hispanic|
Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
- Christina Blacker (maiden name Christina Olivares) is an American reporter, host and analyst who works for TVG Network in Los Angeles, California.
- A genuine lover of horses, Christina has always felt destined to work in the world of horse racing.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Background :
- Blacker is the daughter of the esteemed jockey, Frank Olivares. Her father rode professionally for 25 years and introduced Christina to what would soon become her passion.
- As a young girl, Christina spent her years learning about horse racing, raking sheds, and mucking stalls. She also rode horses although eventually, she wasn’t as successful as her father.
- Now, Christina is married to horse trainer and expert, Dan Blacker. The couple has 3 daughters named Eliza, Margo, and Violet.
- Christina has learned a lot both from her father and her husband and when she is at home, she spends her time teaching her daughters about all things related to horses and horse racing.
- Her husband Dan is of British nationality but has been living in the USA for years.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Blacker has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Broadcasting and Journalism from the University of Southern California (USC).
Career, Job, Salary & Net worth :
- During her time at university, Christina spent her time working as an intern for shows like Carson Daly and Extra.
- While she says she enjoyed her internships, Blacker admits that there was not much for her to do there, and by the time she graduated from university, she had already set her sights on something else.
- Eventually, she was able to land a job working for HRTV. Despite all of her knowledge about the horse racing world, Blacker didn’t know much about handicapping and had to spend her first year at HRTV reading several books and taking many lessons on handicapping.
- Under the mentorship of Amy Zimmerman, Christina spent her early years at HRTV doing everything from compiling on-air reports to producing special news segments. She landed a full-time role at the station in May 2004.
- Though she had plans of heading to Europe upon graduating, after getting her job at HRTV, Christina switched gears and by 2007, and had moved on to TVG Network.
- Christina worked for TVG for 6 years before leaving in 2013 and returning to HRTV. In early 2015, HRTV and TVG merged and formed TVG2.
- Currently, Blacker appears on both TVG and TVG2 as an on-air broadcaster, reporter, host, and analyst.
- For over a decade, Christina has worked hard to broaden the reach of horse racing to attract more female supporters and with her knowledge of the industry, she has helped open up opportunities for other women in the industry while donning many hats at the TVG Network.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- When she is not working, Christina leads a movement called “I Am Horse Racing Movement” which is based in California and is aimed at helping teach both young and older people on the benefits of horse racing and the impact it has on local communities.