Wiki Biography / Profile Background
- Diana Magnay is an experienced news correspondent, reporter, journalist and producer who works for Sky News.
- Smart and outspoken, Diana is not afraid to share her honest opinions on a variety of political and social issues and in the past, that has affected her career.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Diana is originally from England but has travelled to several different locations because of her work.
- She is multi-lingual and speaks three different languages – French, German and English.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Magnay graduated from Oxford University in 1999 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Modern History. During her time at Oxford, she received an Arnold Modern History Prize after writing the best thesis in her class. She was also a member of the school’s Drama society.
- Later, she graduated from the King’s College London in 2016 with a Master of Arts Degree in International Peace and Security. She also passed with a distinction and received a Director’s Award for her good grades.
Career, Job, Salary and Net worth :
- Magnay has had a long and successful career that has seen travel to various destinations that include Seoul in Korea, Egypt, South Africa, Tokyo in Japan, Russia, Iraq and many countries throughout Europe.
- She began her career working for CNN in January 2001 as a production assistant. Magnay was based in their London office. By 2001, she had been promoted to an Associate Producer carrying out tasks such as research for feature programmes and producing international business bulletins and news programs.
- In December 2004, Diana became an official Output Producer working on various programs from London. She also worked as a broadcast journalist and covered mainly international affairs.
- In early 2007, Magnay moved to Berlin, Germany, as part of the CNN team. She worked as a Bureau Producer and worked on various important assignments, including the Russia-Georgia war in 2008.
- Later, she was promoted to International Correspondent in 2010 and eventually relocated to South Africa in early 2015, where she also worked as an International Correspondent.
- As a part of CNN, Magnay also worked for some time in Israel and Moscow.
- In 2016, she moved back to London and worked as a correspondent and covered mostly foreign affairs news on Channel 4.
- Currently, Diana works for Sky News as an international correspondent and is based in Moscow, Russia.
Fun Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Diana had to be moved from Israel by CNN after allegedly making an offensive comment regarding Israelis on her Twitter page. Magnay relocated to Moscow in Russia before she eventually quit CNN and joined Sky News.
- In 2015 and 2016, Magnay won the International Peace and Security Students prize for her work.
- When she is not working, Diana enjoys spending her time with friends and family. She especially loves to travel and enjoys skiing trips.
- She is outspoken on social media about her views, be it socially or politically.