|Personal Details Summary|
|Birthday / Age / Date of Birth / How old / DOB||14th December 1982. As of 2021, she is around 39 years old.|
|Marriage & Wedding / Husband / Engaged / Eilidh Barbour Boyfriend||No confirmed information is available.|
|What school did Eilidh Barbour go to?||She studied at the University of Stirling, Scotland.|
|Children / No. of Kids||None|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Eilidh Margaret Barbour is a reporter and television presenter from Scotland.
- A trailblazer in her own right, Eilidh has worked hard to prove her worth in a male-dominated field and as such, she has earned a lot of respect from both colleagues and fans.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- She was born Eilidh Margaret Barbour on 14th December 1982 in Dunkeld, Perthshire, Scotland. She spent most of her life living in Perthshire before moving off to university.
- Barbour’s father was an avid golfer and played a key role in her developing a keen interest in the sport. Her mother didn’t play at first but after a while, decided to try it out along with her daughter.
- Eilidh was one of just 5 girls in her class of over 30 students at the Royal School of Dunkeld where she played on the soccer team.
- She attended the University of Stirling and graduated in 2005 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Film and Media Studies. She specialized in Video and Audio Production.
Early Career :
- After graduating from university, Barbour decided to move to South Korea so she could become an English teacher. She returned to Scotland after one year to pursue a career in Broadcasting.
- Just six months after returning to Scotland, Eilidh landed a job at STV as an editor for their rugby and football highlights.
- She dabbled in the reporting field before landing a full-time gig as the STV Rugby presenter. Her job was to cover news concerning various Scottish Rugby Clubs playing in Pro12.
Professional Growth, Salary & Net Worth :
- November 2014 saw Eilidh ascend to national popularity when she worked pitchside at a 1st round FA CUP game as a reporter for Final Score. She eventually joined the Final Score team in 2016.
- During the same year, she served as a stand-in presenter, working in place of Dan Walker for Football Focus. Dan was away covering the 2016 Rio Olympic Games in Brazil.
- In 2017, she began presenting the Women’s Football Show in addition to landing the lead spot as BBC golf presenter. Her ascension to this position saw her replace the legendary, Hazel Irvine whom she had always considered a role model and one of the main inspirations on her journey to becoming a golf presenter. In fact, when she was much younger, she penned a heartfelt letter to Hazel asking her if she had any advice on how to navigate the tough world of sports.
- Eilidh also worked for BT Sport as a reporter, covering Scottish League Cup, Scottish Premiership and Champions League matches.
Trivia, Height and Interesting Facts :
- Barbour is a huge supporter and fan of St. Johnstone.
- When she is not working, she enjoys spending as much time with her family as possible and especially playing rounds of golf with her parents. She has, however, mentioned that she is not an avid shopper unlike her mother who absolutely loves to shop every chance she gets.