Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
Jackie Cain (née Schafer) is the news anchor for Pittsburgh’s Action News 4. Jackie was born in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
Personal Life: Parents, Family & Education
- Jackie was born as Jaclyn, monikered after Jaclyn Smith, who was thought to be the most beautiful woman in the world by her mother.
- However, her mother also wanted her daughter’s name to be trendy and witty, so she nicknamed her Jackie – after Jackie Kennedy.
- Jackie was exposed to dancing and TV at an early age and spent most of her childhood in TV studios all week and competitions on weekends, similar to the show Dance Moms. One of her competition groups was the Rogers School of Dance in Murrysville.
- She was also a finalist for “Miss Petite Dance” & “Junior Miss Dance” competitions in Pennsylvania. For the times she was in the finals, she had the opportunity to train at the famous Abby Lee Dance Company.
- She was awarded a 4-year dance scholarship to the West Virginia University (WVU) & was a part of Orchesis – the university’s dance company.
- She was once featured at WVU, representing the dance company for one year.
- Jackie also worked for WVU News, and received “Most Promising Journalist” Award. Moreover, she was placed twice in the national William Randolph Hearst Journalism Competition.
- She graduated with honors from West Virginia University Reed College of Media in 2006 with a minor in theatre and dance.
- Jackie is married to Alex Sulkowski.
Professional Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- Jackie’s first job was scooping ice cream at Handles Homemade Ice Cream. Her favorite flavor is “Snappy Turtle,” a chocolate base filled with pecans and caramel.
- After she graduated, Jackie joined WTOV-TV as an anchor and reporter for 4 and a half years. Her unmatched performance found her promoted twice through the duration of her employment there.
- Leaving WTOV in September 2010, she went on to join the Ohio Department of Transportation as their spokesperson for a few months in 2011.
- After a 6-month hiatus, Jackie came back as a media content director for 424 Media.
- In April 2013, she was hired by WTAE-TV as an anchor/reporter in her hometown of Pittsburgh. She worked there for 5+ years.
- Leaving WTAE in Sep 2018, she went on to join the weeknight anchor team of ABC affiliate KSTP-TV.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Carrie Underwood is her favorite singer. Her friends made a cake with a photo of Carrie Underwood printed on it for her 30th birthday.
- Cain confesses that she has an obsession with Chapstick lip balm.
- One of her favorite foods is prime rib, cooked medium-rare.
- Her go-to guilty pleasure is Peanut Butter Meltaways by Sarris Candies.
- In her 10 years of service in journalism, her favorite story to report on was a series on the discovery of a traumatic brain injury in former Steeler Center, Mike Webster. The scientific breakthrough impacted all levels of football rules to protect players from injuries better. Webster’s son is currently working with a local group to experiment on better protective football gear.