Wiki Biography / Profile Information
- Jemma Forte is an English author, business owner, television presenter and brand ambassador.
- Once known for hosting the Disney Channel UK, Jemma has since made a name for herself writing novels.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Jemma Forte was born on October 10, 1973, in London, England.
- She is the oldest of four siblings; sisters, Imogen, Jessica and Isabel; and brother Harry (who also goes by Hank).
- Jemma’s parents, Michael (father) and Jenny (mother), divorced each other and later got remarried. Her mum now lives in Italy with her second husband, who is Italian.
- Still living in her native city, Forte is a single mom to her two kids, 17-year-old Lily and 15-year-old Freddie (ages as of 2022). She was married once before to her husband, Charlie, and is currently dating a man named Shane Carmichael.
- During an appearance on Good Morning Britain in Feb 2020, Jemma said that she is open to getting married again, but it would be a ‘massive’ decision as she has already ‘broke her promises’ once. She also added that a person who marries multiple times is making a mockery of marriage,
Early Life & Education :
- The creative arts were inspired in Jemma early in life. Her mom attended the Royal Ballet School in London, while her dad was a producer for numerous children’s television dramas and a freelance scriptwriter.
- As a kid, she aspired to either write for Cosmopolitan magazine, become an actress or work in a shoe store (because she loved using the Brannock Device).
- She also loved reading and writing, so her parents tried to encourage that path by buying her a bookshelf for her eighth birthday.
- According to her LinkedIn profile, Jemma attended Surbiton High School and Richmond College.
TV Career, Job, Salary & Net worth :
- In 1997, Jemma was hired by Disney Channel UK. Since her dad was well-known in the children’s television industry. After this, she started going by the name Jemma James. She remained with the Disney Channel for five years.
- During her Disney years, Forte also acted on the popular, interactive children’s game show, “Sub Zero.”
- Returning to her dream of becoming an actress, Jemma moved to Wales in 2002 to play Jack in the pantomime “Jack and the Beanstalk.” She lived in a room in a small guesthouse that had limited utilities. At this time, she went back to the name Jemma Forte.
- Following her acting gig, Forte returned to being a television presenter – this time for adult productions – on ITV and later BBC1. During this time, she gave birth to her daughter.
- After having her second child, she took a break from the TV industry and devoted her time to writing. Having already written a novel in between jobs, she decided to send it off to publishing companies. The novel Me and Miss M was picked up by Penguin and published in 2009.
- She has since written three more novels – From London with Love, If You’re Not the One, and When I Met Youpublished in 2011, 2014, and 2015 respectively.
- Jemma now also works as a panellist on the talk show “Jeremy Vine” (previously “The Wright Stuff”) and as a brand ambassador for Molton Brown products on QVC.
- In March 2018, she also founded Forte James, a media communications training company that helps people prepare for things like public speaking, television webinars, and auditions.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- All of the Forte kids work in the arts. Jessica is an actress and producer, Imogen is a photographer, Isabel is a producer, and Harry is a researcher for a production company.
- Some of her favourite things include theatre, soccer, yoga, and fresh flowers.
- Jemma Forte is she related to Forte Hotels? : No apparent relation between the two.
- Is Jemma Forte related to Alex Polizzi? : Alex and Jemma are second cousins, she confirmed in a tweet. They also look very much alike. Alex is an English hotelier and businesswoman, most popular on the TV series The Hotel Inspector on Channel 5.