Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
- Kelly Byrne is an American news reporter, journalist, and anchor who works for WBRE/WYOU networks in Pennsylvania.
- Hardworking and talented, Kelly allows her passion to shine through her work & has acquired the admiration of both her colleagues and viewers from all across the region and beyond.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Kelly was born in Pennsylvania & spent most of her life living there before moving around because of her job. While in Pennsylvania, her family lived in a town not far away from Philadelphia.
- Little is known about her personal life or childhood as Kelly does not speak openly about it. She does have a younger brother named Kevin, who graduated from the Gabelli School of Business in 2018.
- It seems that outside of work, Kelly prefers to keep a relatively low profile and enjoy quality time with her family away from the spotlight. It is, however, known that she has been dating a guy named Patrick since 2013. In 2014, she shared a one-year anniversary picture of the two of them.
- Byrne attended Henderson High School from 2007 to 2011. Later, she proceeded to Villanova University and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication in 2015. She chose to specialize in Journalism.
Career, Income, Salary and Net Worth :
- Passionate about storytelling, Kelly always knew that she wanted to pursue a career in media. She was not certain what exactly she wanted to do until she got to college.
- When she was at university, Kelly worked as a junior reporter for WTXF in Philadelphia. After graduating, she remained in Philadelphia and interned at KYW.
- Kelly has stated that her time at the station fuelled her passion for media and led her to decide to pursue a career in the news.
- In addition to working at KYW, Kelly also worked as an intern at WTXF & WCAU. Additionally, she was a Sports Contributor for the ESPNU station.
- Byrne landed an opportunity at the WNCT-TV in Greenville, North Carolina, where she spent a significant portion of her career working as an anchor for the station’s weekend evening show.
- In 2017, she moved back to Pennsylvania, where she now resides and works for the WYOU and WBRE stations. She is the anchor for a show called Eyewitness New’s in addition to being an anchor for the 12pm news on WYOU.
- Kelly has had quite an illustrious career and has covered several stories that range from daily local news to high-profile natural disasters, scandals, elections, and other breaking news bulletins.
- She has also gotten the opportunity to cover big sports games and profile prominent athletes as part of her work at ESPNU.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- When she is not at work, Kelly loves to spend as much time as she can with her friends and family. She is also a mother to a small puppy called Moose, and she loves to share pictures of him with her followers on social media.
- She is also a fan of staying as active as possible, and she loves to run and dance, a passion she has had since she was a little girl.
- Once, she was also a dancer for the Philadelphia 76er’s basketball team!
- She particularly enjoys traveling and experiencing new cultures, food, and so forth.
- Kelly’s advice for new undergrads – pursue your passion, do something that makes you happy as life is too short, take classes which you’re interested in, and don’t be frightened to fail when attempting something new!