|Personal Details Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||December 28, 1984. As of 2023, she is around 39 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Engaged / Spouse / Partner||Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||None|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
|Is Sharla leaving Wnep?||She left in 2020. After working at WNEP-TV for 12 years.|
Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
Sharla McBride is a well-known TV anchor, regularly seen on WUSA-TV as a Sports Anchor. She had held the title of Evening News Anchor previously for five years at WNEP-TV.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Sharla was born on December 28th, 1984, to parents Richard and Teresa McBride and raised in Austin, Texas.
- Her father served in the United States Army combat infantry in Vietnam (1969-1970) and was awarded the bronze star and the Combat Infantry Badge. She has one brother, Richard McBride Jr.
- McBride graduated from the University of Georgia where she studied Broadcasting and majored in International Affairs and Foreign Policies.
- On September 1st, 2013, Sharla married her husband, Todd Hiller, a professional photographer in Scranton, Pennsylvania. She has a stepdaughter, Maris Hiller who studied at Scranton Preparatory School.
- Sharla has loved sports all her life and comes from a sports-loving family. Now married into a sports-loving family, Sharla attends baseball, football, hockey, and basketball games with her husband, Todd, and stepdaughter.
- She was named a “Hairry Award” recipient by a website dedicated to hair products and styling.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Sharla began her career by interning at Atlanta’s Fox affiliate, WAGA-TV. After she graduated, she was employed there full-time as an associate sports producer. She stayed there for a year and then moved on to working at ABC affiliate, KTXS-TV, in Abilene, TX as a sports reporter and fill-in anchor.
- In May 2012, Sharla began freelancing as a sports reporter at CSN Philadelphia (now NBC Sports Philadelphia) and anchored SportsNite on weekdays.
- In 2015, McBride started working at WNEP in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, PA, as a weekend sports anchor and weekday sports reporter with the NewsWatch 16 team. Later, she co-anchored the evening newscasts on weekdays at 6pm, 7pm, and 11pm. She also co-anchored and produced the 10 pm newscast weekdays on WNEP-2. In March 2020, she finally quit the station.
- Since March 2020, McBride can be seen on WUSA-TV as a Sports Anchor. Before moving to WUSA, she had spent 12 years of her life in Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania (NEPA), covering 19 counties.
- In 2019, McBride, along with producer Emily Fedor and photographer, Greg Eibach had taken home awards for “Outstanding Television Breaking News Report” on WNEP.
Always a Fighter :
- Sharla has mentioned before that she’s faced minor discrimination when working as a sports anchor/reporter. People she was interviewing or working with were not accustomed to a female sports reporter.
- There was even an incident where on her first day when sports anchors from a rival station asked the team’s PR people to ban her from the men’s locker rooms for after-game interviews.
- She now studies thoroughly about the game she is reporting to make sure she’s taken seriously as a female sports anchor.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Sharla has also appeared in a few TV series and donned the role of an anchor or reporter in shows like Designated Survivor, Mr. Robot and Quantico.
- During her time in NEPA, the talented reporter actively used to volunteer her time to various different area organizations like Children’s Advocacy Center of NEPA, Susan G. Komen Foundation of NEPA, Dress for Success, and The United Neighborhood Centers of NEPA.
- Sharla McBride Surgery : In November 2019, Sharla underwent surgery on her vocal cords. Her recovery protocol required her to live silently, without speaking. The surgery took her off the air for some time.
Body Figure / Physical Info
Sharla McBride Measurements :
- Eye Color : Blue
- Haircut / Hair Color : Blonde
- How tall is Sharla McBride Height : 5′6″
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Good luck, Ms. McBride, in your new endeavour…Very professional anchor.
So sorry she is leaving…can’t replace her beauty and smarts
We miss you Sharla. Good luck.
Sharla McBride is an attractive woman
Extremely competent and professional. Good luck in DC. —you’ll do great!
Where did she go? I only noticed when the anchors were broadcasting from their homes at the start of the Pandemic she wasn’t there. I didn’t realize she left for another position. Where did she go in DC?