Sharla McBride is well-known as an evening news anchor, regularly seen on WNEP ABC. She has held the title of a sports anchor previously.
Personal Life : Family & Education
- Sharla was born on December 28th, 1984, to parents Richard and Teresa McBride and raised in Austin, Texas.
- Her father served in the United States Army combat infantry in Vietnam (1969-1970) and was awarded the bronze star and the Combat Infantry Badge. She has one brother, Richard McBride Jr.
- McBride graduated from the University of Georgia where she studied Broadcasting and majored in International Affairs and Foreign Policies.
- On September 1st, 2013, Sharla married her husband, Todd Hiller, a professional photographer in Scranton, Pennsylvania. She has a stepdaughter, Maris Hiller who studied at Scranton Preparatory School.
- Sharla has loved sports all her life and comes from a sports-loving family. Now married into a sports-loving family, Sharla attends baseball, football, hockey, and basketball games with her husband, Todd, and stepdaughter.
- She was named a “Hairry Award” recipient by a website dedicated to hair products and styling.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Sharla began her career by interning at Atlanta’s Fox affiliate, WAGA-TV. After she graduated, she was employed there full-time as an associate sports producer. She stayed there for a year and then moved on to working at ABC affiliate, KTXS-TV, in Abilene, TX as a sports reporter and fill-in anchor.
- In May 2012, Sharla began freelancing as a sports reporter at CSN Philadelphia (now NBC Sports Philadelphia) and anchored “SportsNite” on weekdays.
- McBride started working at her present job as a weekend sports anchor and weekday sports reporter with the NewsWatch 16 team. Presently she co-anchors the evening newscasts weekdays at 6pm, 7pm, and 11pm on WNEP. She also co-anchors and produces the 10 pm newscast weekdays on WNEP-2.
- In 2019, McBride, along with producer Emily Fedor and photographer, Greg Eibach took home awards for “Outstanding Television Breaking News Report” on WNEP.
Always a Fighter :
- Sharla has mentioned before that she’s faced minor discrimination when working as a sports anchor/reporter. People she was interviewing or working with were not accustomed to a female sports reporter.
- There was even an incident where on her first day when sports anchors from a rival station asked the team’s PR people to ban her from the men’s locker rooms for after-game interviews.
- She now studies thoroughly about the game she is reporting to make sure she’s taken seriously as a female sports anchor.
Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- Sharla has also appeared in a few TV series and donned the role of an anchor or reporter in shows like Designated Survivor, Mr. Robot and Quantico.
- The talented reporter actively volunteers her time to various different area organizations like Children’s Advocacy Center of NEPA, Susan G. Komen Foundation of NEPA, Dress for Success, and The United Neighborhood Centers of NEPA.
Sharla McBride Measurements :
- Eye Color : Blue
- Haircut / Hair Color : Blonde
- How tall is Sharla McBride Height : 5′ 6″
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Married ? : Yes
- Children / Baby / No. of Kids : —
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American