Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Valerie Smock is an American meteorologist who works for WNEP-TV. Prior to that, she worked for many years as a reporter and producer at stations like WPXI-TV, WKBN, WYTV, WYFX etc.
- Passionate and dedicated to her work, Smock regularly updates her followers on social media about the weather. She is especially fond of cold weather.
Parents, Family Background & Education :
- Valerie was born and raised in Ohio in the state’s Snowbelt Capital, Chardon. Here she fell in love with the blistery cold winters and snow-covered lakes. She also spent some time living in Montana. also Living in Montana gave Valerie the opportunity to enjoy the wet, warm ‘Chinook winds’. This phenomena allowed her to experience golfing and skiing on the same day!
- Smock and her husband now have a baby boy named Greyson.
- She attended Kent State University, from where she graduated in 2003, with a degree in Broadcast Journalism. A few years later, she headed to Mississippi State University, where she graduated with a certificate in Operational Meteorology, in 2011.
- Valerie has also attended the Community College of the Air Force – Air University (AF.EDU) and earned an Associate’s Degree in Public Affairs.
TV Career : Salary & Net Worth
- Smock began her career working for various stations in places such as Toledo, Ohio, Great Falls, Montana, and Youngstown, Ohio.
- She later moved on to State College, Pennsylvania, where she worked at AccuWeather as a Video Broadcaster.
- In October 2013, after ten months of searching for a meteorologist, WPXI-TV announced that they had hired Smock to become a part of their team, starting December 2013.
- Till March 2018, she remained a crucial member of their station and was praised by the News Director Mike Oliveira for her skills to forecast and communicate the weather story on live television.
- After four and a half years at WPXI-TV, Valerie started in her role as a Meteorologist at WNEP-TV 16 in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
Military Career :
- For ten years, Valerie served as a Military Police Officer in the Ohio Army National Guard and a Public Affairs Specialist in the Air Force.
- Her work took her to places like Haiti where she got the opportunity to help victims of the hurricane.
- Smock also traveled to Germany and Kuwait where she helped with Operation Iraqi Freedom, the official name for the USA’s war in Iraq.
Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- Service is a big part of Valerie’s life & she has gone beyond the military to working with various charitable organizations.
- She works closely with the Susan G. Komen Foundation and regularly takes part in the 60-mile walk to help find a cure for cancer and assist patients and survivors. She has been a part of this charity since 2009.
- She also works with the Appalachia Service Project to help rebuild homes for people who are in need in addition to contributing to other charitable causes such as Animal Welfare, Humanitarian Relief, Environmental work, and Education.
- Valerie is a member of the International Society of Poets and is a published poet.
- When not working, she loves to stay active, going on trips with her husband, playing golf, skiing, and working out. She credits her upbringing for her adventurous nature as well as her love for the cold weather and winter sports.
Body Info / Physical Features
Valerie Smock Measurements :
- Eye Color : Green
- Haircut / Hair Color : Blonde
- How tall is Valerie Smock Height : 5′ 8″
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Is Valerie Smock Pregnant : No
- Chest / Bust : 34 B
Personal / Home Details
- Married ? : Yes
- Children / Kids : 1
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American