Bio Profile / Wiki Information
- Lidia Curanaj is a news presenter at WNYW-TV, a Fox affiliate station based in New York.
Personal Life : Parents, Education & Family
- Lidia was born and raised in Bronx, New York along with her four siblings.
- She is of Albanian heritage – her parents were Albanian immigrants.
- She currently resides in Hartsdale, New York with her husband Victor and their children.
- Lidia attended & graduated from Cardinal Spellman High School in NYC.
- After high school, she received a fully funded scholarship to attend Iona College where she started Mass Communication and Media Studies. She also graduated ‘Summa-Cum-Laude’ from their program.
- While in college, Lidia did internships at Rolling Stone, The View with Barbara Walters & at Random House.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- During the course of her career, Lidia has had the privilege of working with various TV networks.
- In December 2004 until January 2009, she started working for Fox Carolina, Greenville in South Carolina Area. Here, she worked as a news reporter and anchor.
- In January 2009, she headed to News 12 in New York, where she worked as a reporter and anchor until November 2011.
- After leaving News 12, Lidia joined Fox 5, WNYW in New York, as a general assignment reporter & still continues to work there.
Achievements & Accolades :
- Lidia Curanaj is a two-time Emmy Award winner!
- In 2012 she was honored for elevating the image of Albanian women in USA by the Albanian American Women’s Organization.
- In October 2015, she was honored at the Albanian American Success Stories Soiree, as she one of the few Albanian-Americans to work for TV in the United States.
Interests, Height & Trivia :
- When she is not working, Lidia loves to read – especially both fictional and non-fictional stories.
- She loves listening to music and her favorite genre is Country music.
- Lidia is a big fan of the New York Yankees.
Roger Ailes Controversy :
- In December 2016, Lidia Curanaj filed a civil complaint against Fox TV station with allegations of discrimination.
- Lisa mentions that she had a dinner interview with Roger Ailes in 2011 for a spot at the network, but did not end up getting it. During the interview, Roger allegedly demanded to turn around so he could inspect her from head to toe.
- She alleges that Rodger Ailes even called her ex-boyfriend, Senator Gregory Ball, to ask him about her sex life and whether she would “put out.”
- Several months later she did get a job at Fox but was told by boss Byron Harmon, that she was not quite attractive to be an anchor & even referred to her as “Miss Albania.”