Lisa Villegas is a Latin-American meteorologist who was famously let go from the station CBS11. As of 2020, she is the Chief Meteorologist at Q13 News in Seattle, Washington.
Personal Life : Family & Education
- Lisa Villegas was born June 11th, 1987, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to parents Cheryl Villegas, a retired school teacher, and Joe Villegas, a retired Air Force vet and a retired international pilot (with the rank of captain) at US Airways.
- She has a brother, Alex Villegas.
- Lisa was raised in Pittsburgh and initially dreamed of one day becoming a ballerina.
- After graduating from high school in Pittsburgh, Lisa relocated to Daytona Beach, Florida, where she attended Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University from 2006 to 2010.
- Over the years, Villegas has lived in Lafayette (Louisiana), Weslaco (Texas), Fort Worth (Texas), and Tucson (Arizona).
- She now resides in Seattle, Washington. She loved living in Arizona but has stated that she loves the weather in Seattle, even the rain. With Seattle being in the Northwest, it reminds Lisa more of her Northeast upbringing.
Profession, Salary & Net Worth :
- After graduating from university, Lisa moved to Lafayette, Louisiana, where she worked as a weekend meteorologist at KLFY-TV from 2010 to 2011.
- Covering ‘Tropical Storm Lee’ in 2011, all by herself, was one of the highlights of Lisa’s early career.
- From 2011 to 2014, Lisa was a weekday morning meteorologist at KRGV-TV in Weslaco, Texas.
- She then moved to the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas, where she initially worked as a weekend morning meteorologist for CBS News from 2014 to 2015, then as a weekend morning meteorologist from September 2015 to October 2017.
- In October 2017, Lisa relocated to Tucson in Arizona, where she was hired as a chief meteorologist at KOLD/KMSB-TV. She was there until September 2020.
- On October 7th, 2020, Lisa started her current job as a chief meteorologist at Q13 News (part of the Fox Network) in Seattle, Washington. She is set to predict a lot of rain!
- Some controversy occurred in 2017 when CBS News announced that Lisa would no longer be employed with them. Either party never disclosed the reason, but the rumor mill suggested that this may have had something to do with some photos on Lisa’s social media in which she wore a low-cut dress for a night out with her friends. She had been given a warning for another photograph posted earlier that same year. Viewers found the timing of Lisa’s termination suspicious.
Personal Images & Controversy :
- As a young, beautiful woman, Lisa has attracted some criticism for her looks. While she initially thought her looks would be a negative for her career, she eventually won over crowds with her personality.
- When she was let go from CBS11, it was rumored that this was due to the hot images she had posted to her social media accounts.
- In 2016, after a night out on the town with two of her girlfriends, Lisa posted a photo of them to her Instagram account that showed her in a form-fitting, low cut mini dress.
- CBS11 felt that the photo did not fit their image as a station, and as she posted news and weather reports from the station from the same account, consequently, they demanded that she remove the picture.
- The image was removed within 48 hours, but it reportedly started in-fighting between Lisa and the executives. The saga ultimately ended with Lisa leaving the network.
Trivia & Interesting Facts :
- Before entering the world of television, Lisa had been a waitress for years. She has worked at BJ’s Brewhouse in Daytona Beach, Florida, and prior to that at Applebee’s, as a bartender.
- Lisa has a Chihuahua dog named Biscuit that she loves very much. Biscuit is Lisa’s main hiking companion. She even participates in some of Lisa’s favorite activities, like paddleboarding. Biscuit even accompanied Lisa to work when she was ill.
- Lisa loves being outdoors and enjoys going on long hikes. She went on plenty of trails in Arizona and is now looking forward to exploring the Pacific Northwest.
- Villegas realized she wanted to become a meteorologist back when she was in eighth grade. She was very passionate about a presentation that she had to give on the topic ‘Clouds,’ but her classmates weren’t as enthusiastic.
- In an interview, Lisa mentioned that remembering the various county/city names is one of the greatest challenges for inexperienced meteorologists, as you don’t want to mess up a city name, where your viewers might have lived and stayed.
- Aside from her on-air weather reports, Lisa also updates the public through her social media accounts. She appears on both Twitter and Instagram under the handle – @wxvillegas. Both her accounts are verified and have over 10,000 followers.
Lisa Villegas Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Brown
- How tall is Lisa Villegas Height : 5′ 6″
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Lisa Villegas Married? : No
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Latina (Hispanic)
- Nationality : American