Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Liz Bonis is an educator & TV journalist who has been working for Local 12 News, WKRC-TV a CBS affiliate based in Cincinnati, Ohio, since the year 2002.
- She is the anchor for Good Morning Cincinnati & a reporter for Medical Edge.
Family Background & Education :
- Liz’s dad, Austin Bonis, who was a professor of statistics at RIT College of Business, has always been her inspiration & she lives by his philosophy of always doing what you love.
- Unfortunately, Liz lost her father to cancer in 1981. This aroused her interest in health and nutrition combing with the fact that she was overweight as a child & had her fair share of struggle of making healthy choices and dieting.
- Bonis obtained her undergraduate Bachelor’s degree from Rochester Institute of Technology. Following this, she enrolled at Syracuse University, Newhouse School of Public Communication & got her Master’s Degree in Applied Science in Public Communication and Radio-Television News.
- While at Rochester Institute of Technology, Liz used to come up with information on nutrition and share it with her fellow students. She also answered some of their questions on diet at the cafeteria at Grace Watson residential hall.
- She then discovered that media would help her reach out to more people with information so she went in to work with Rochester Radio for free while still in college.
Work as a Medical Educator & Reporter :
- Liz is a Diabetes educator, a certified personal trainer and a registered dietician.
- She has her own monthly health & wellness newsletter named The Lazy Way to Lighten Up (for women).
- On a regular basis, she also writes health pieces on LightenUpwithLiz (dot) com. Her medical reports are shared on a daily basis with over 150 Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc Stations nationwide.
- She is also a former host of The Liz and Carson Show that was aired in the morning hours & “Lighten up with Liz” which is a local call-in health radio program.
- Liz also has had the opportunity to work for WOKR-TV & for WJLA in Washington, D.C where she was a reporter and fill-in anchor before she went in to work in Cincinnati for WKRC-TV.
Life Outside Work :
- When she is not working, Liz can be found hosting educational seminars geared towards stress management, fighting fat, women’s health and nutrition & diabetes breakthroughs.
- She has contributed to various foundations like The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, The American Cancer Society, The Crossroads Community Church in Oakley & The American Heart Association.
Body Info / Physical Features
Liz Bonis Measurements :
- Eye Color : Blue
- Hair Color : Blonde
- How tall / Height : No confirmed information is available.
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information is available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Personal / Home Details
- Liz Bonis Married? : No.
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American