Lori Pinson is a meteorologist and weather presenter for Fox 2 News. A proud Detroit resident, Lori has enjoyed a long and varied career working for several notable news stations & is regarded as one of the most experienced meteorologists working in America today.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Born in Detroit, Michigan, Lori was raised in Detroit by her parents and fondly remembers her childhood.
- As a child, she grew up with Vernors and enjoyed their weekly family excursions to Ford Wyoming Drive-In in all types of weather. She also used to fish on the Detroit River and has flown radio control planes with her Dad at River Rouge.
- Back then, she loved the Sanders caramel cake, and it was her favorite birthday cake.
- Although she has traveled far and wide with her studies and work, she now once again lives in her hometown Detroit with her husband Larry.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Lori attended local schools and then transferred to Penn State University to study for her undergraduate degree in Meteorology.
- She has since gone on to complete five years of Post-Graduate study and research at John Hopkins University, mostly in the subject of Environmental Science.
TV Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Back in 1994, Lori was working as a Weekend Meteorologist and Health reporter for WBFF-TV Baltimore before being promoted in 1997 to Chief Meteorologist and Science Reporter, a role she then went on to do for WUSA-TV in Washington from 2004-06.
- Next, she joined WGAL-TV, Lancaster as a meteorologist and science reporter in 2006. Lori stayed there briefly before moving to WWJ-TV in Detroit as a meteorologist, host, and reporter before joining Fox 2 News, Detroit, in the same role.
- One of the highlights of her career was winning an Emmy and the NWA Broadcaster award for her work on ‘Signed Weather,’ for which she went back to college to study and became fluent in American Sign Language. This step offered equality in her weather reports for the deaf.
- Besides her broadcasting work, Pinson also acts as the ‘Master of Ceremonies’ for many events in and around Michigan.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- In her spare time, Lori is a big fan of American sports and enjoys watching both the Detroit Pistons and Detroit Tigers, attending as many games as possible with her mom.
- In mid-2018, she had also taken up DIY and helped her mother fix up her home in the absence of Lori’s late father.
- Lori is also a self-confessed foodie and enjoys cooking at home as well as frequently visiting restaurants with her husband.
- Famous for being amazingly tall at 6ft, Pinson is notorious for towering over many of her male colleagues.
- Marital Status / Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- What Nationality is Lori Pinson? : American