|Personal Information Summary|
|Mother /Mom||Heidi Lue|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||March 25, 1985. As of 2023, she is around 38 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Spouse / Partner / Dating||Currently not married, possibly single. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Who is Maurielle Lue?||Maurielle Lue is an American TV anchor and host working at FOX 2.|
|Children / No. of Kids||None|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||Black|
Maurielle Lue is an Emmy Award-Winning Television Host working at Fox 2 Network. She is one of the many morning news anchors & also hosts The Nine and Let it Rip Weekend.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Maurielle was born on March 25, 1985, in San Antonio, Texas. She grew up in Atlanta, Georgia.
- She is the eldest daughter of parents – Marcel (father) and Heidi Lue (mother). She has a younger brother named Myles.
- She begun her journey in journalism at the early age of 15, covering local events and issues among youths in Atlanta in the program Brookwood Upclose.
- At age 16, she won an international journalism award for a documentary about troubled youths in a local shelter.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Maurielle graduated with honors from Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communications at Hampton University in 2006.
Profession : Career, Salary and Net Worth
- Soon after graduation, Maurielle started her profession with WVVA, a station affiliated with NBC based in West Virginia.
- During the week, she was a reporter at WVVA. On weekends, she anchored, produced and reported her own newscast.
- 2008 : She left WVVA & subsequently joined WEWS-TV, a Cleveland-based TV station affiliated with ABC. There, she was the lead reporter for the “Cleveland Strangler” story.
- Her role there as a General Assignment Reporter, Breaking News Reporter, Traffic Reporter and Morning Anchor lasted for three years.
- Maurielle moved to Detroit to join WJBK/Fox 2 News in 2011, and has been there for 8+ years.
- 2011 : Maurielle won an Emmy Award from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) for her role as a reporter for the newspiece “Mamma Said He Deserved to Die.”
- She became very popular and is celebrated by her fans that call themselves ‘The Lue Crew’.
Other Activities :
- Maurielle was a speaker at the Cleveland High School’s “Girl Future Leaders” event in 2008.
- In 2011, she joined local American dance competition TV series ‘Dancing with the Stars Cleveland,’ securing first place. The proceeds of their winnings went to the Lymphoma and Leukaemia Society.
- She is a member of the Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority & National Association of Black Journalists.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Maurielle’s favorite sweetshop is the Astoria Pastry Shop. She enjoys watching the chef cook before her at Shogun. Another of her regular food spot is Vinsetta’s Garage.
- She loves to shop at Detroit boutiques such as Pink Pump, Dawood Boutique, Blu Jeans Blues and Royal Dutchess.
- As a child, Lue would sit up late waiting for her dad to get home from work. He watched the television news every night and occasionally let Maurielle sleep in stay up, too. Eventually, it became “their thing” and they still about current affairs all the time.
- She is a big fan of Beyoncé songs.
- Maurielle claims she “loves everything sports,” including sports cars.
- She wore a diamond ring given to her by her mother for graduation and continues to do for significant work events.
- One of her top fashion tips is “if you find something that looks great on you, go ahead and buy it in every color, as it is well worth the investment.”
- She is not a big fan of Starbucks coffee but instead prefers their Carmel Apple Spice, a fancy apple cider.
- She is quite highly disciplined – going to bed at 9:30pm, waking up at 2:30am & starting her workday at 3:30am almost every day.