New York native Marissa Bailey stands at 5’4” and is a talented news anchor. She can be seen on CBS 2 Chicago from 4:30 to 7:00 am & from 11 to 11:30 am on weekday mornings. She holds a Masters in Broadcast Journalism from Syracuse University.
Personal Details : Early Life & Family
- The blonde-haired, blue-eyed Marissa was born in 1981 in Pittsburg, Clinton County, New York.
- She grew up in a middle-class household and both her parents still live in her hometown.
- She met her husband, Michael Geller while working at WGRZ-TV in Buffalo, New York. Michael was a producer for the station.
- The two got married in 2012 and the couple moved to Chicago. Michael is now an associate at DLA Piper in Chicago.
- She and her husband now live in Downtown Chicago in a three-bedroom condo in Lincoln Park.
- The couple also has a son, Beau, who was born on April 12, 2017.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Marissa attended Arthur P. Momot Elementary in Plattsburg, New York before heading off to Plattsburg High School. At school, she was bullied for her weight. After high school, Marissa pursued a Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies with a minor in criminal justice at Niagara University in New York & graduated in 2003.
- While at college, she was a part of the Niagara University Student Government Association for all four years. She also served as the program director as a senior.
- Additionally, Marissa was a member of the Phi Sigma Sigma sorority. She sometimes wrote for the newspaper for the communications department and also had an internship at the Niagara University public relations department.
- In 2005, Bailey went on to do her Masters in Broadcast Journalism at Syracuse University in Syracuse, New York.
Career, Job, Salary & Net worth :
- When Marissa was in school, she wrote for the local Plattsburg newspaper and even appeared on local television in Plattsburg.
- From September 2006 to January 2013, she worked for WGRZ-TV Channel 2 News in Buffalo, New York. She started working there as a weekly reporter but then got promoted as an anchor. Eventually, she became a solo anchor for late-night news at 10 pm.
- While at WGRZ, she also had a Sunday show called Daybreak Sunday.
- Since March 2012, Marissa has been employed as an anchor for CBS 2 Chicago in Chicago, Illinois.
- She used to be a weekend morning news anchor.
- In June 2017, she replaced Lionel Moise and is now a weekday morning news anchor alongside Erin Kennedy.
Awards & Achievements :
- New York State Regional Emmy Award in 2011.
Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- She loves to travel and to taste different kinds of cuisines from different cultures.
- Her favorite television shows are The Office, 60 Minutes, Barefoot Contessa and reality shows.
- Growing up, Marissa listened to artists like Bob Marley, Michael Jackson, U2, Notorious B.I.G., Tupac and Madonna.
Born in 1981. As of 2022, she is around 41 years old.