Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Kalee Dionee, born on July 27, 1985, is a high spirited meteorologist who has bagged many awards and a lot of recognition during her career span.
- As of 2020, she is a Meteorologist at WFAA-TV in Dallas. Here, she focuses on TV and digital weather forecasting/reporting. Previously, she was a weather broadcaster with NBC 5 in Chicago.
- Over the years, Kalee has worked in numerous stations in various parts of the country. She quoted that it was a great experience to report on different weather conditions from different cities such as Birmingham, Kansas & Chicago.
Education, College & Qualifications :
- Kalee is a graduate of the Herscher High School in Herscher, Illinois, (class of 2003).
- Later, she went on to complete her studies in musical theatre from Lincoln College.
- She passed her graduation in Bachelor in Arts in Radio and Television Broadcast from Southern Illinois University, a public research university based in Carbondale, IL.
- In 2011, she went on to earn a degree in Broadcast Meteorology from Mississippi State University.
Family Background & Married Life :
- Most of Kalee’s family lives in Illinois. Her parents Rex and Connie Dionne reside in Herscher, IL while her brother stays in Bradley, IL.
- Kalee is happily married to her husband Jonathan. The couple adopted their daughter Mila in 2018 & are big advocates for adoption. Their family also includes their dog, Mia Bean.
- Before moving to Chicago, the couple had sold their house in Kansas in a record 12 hours time.
- In an interview given in 2010, she had quoted that she hoped to move back to her hometown Chicago someday & eventually her wish came true after a few years, when she started working with NBC Chicago!
- Kalee enjoys spending her free time with her husband, family & friends.
Salary, Net Worth & Career Progression :
- Kalee has done some odd jobs in her early career – She has performed at Disney World, Carnival Cruise Lines, Cedar Point and in the musical “Smile” in Cisco, TX.
- At the university, she worked at a student-run station as a weather anchor, reporter and producer.
- In 2005, she got the opportunity to be the part of WSIU-TV and took on the role of a student anchor and reporter
- Because of her caliber, they won the Best Student-Run Newscast at NAB 2007.
- As a part of her internship, she worked as a Weathercaster at the ABC affiliate in Southern Illinois, WSIL-TV.
- In 2008, after relocating to central Illinois, Kalee joined CBS affiliate in WCIA-TV as an anchor and reporter. At this stage, her role and responsibilities were increased and assigned the duty forecast and present morning weathercasts. She also enhanced the editing skills and done the news editing with the Final Cut Pro software.
- From 2008 till 2010, she was associated with WCIA-TV.
- Thereafter from 2010 to 2013, she broadcasted the morning weather report in the 5 to 7 am slot at WIAT TV. She also handled their social media including Facebook, Twitter & Google+ accounts, providing updates mainly during the April 27th Tornado Outbreak.
- WIAT’s team was appreciated and their work was well-acknowledged. They won broadcast honors & many awards such as Edward R. Murrow, Associated Press and Alabama Broadcasters Association & Station of the Year
- From 2016 to 2019, Kalee was proudly associated with NBC Chicago.
- In December of 2019, she joined the weather forecasting team of WFAA, an ABC affiliate station based in Dallas, Texas.
Interesting Facts, Measurements & Trivia :
- Kalee once sang the National Anthem at a Kansas City Royals game. She has also sang the National Anthem for Chicago Cubs, White Sox & at numerous local sporting events
- The young weather presenter loves working out, with Pilates and Weight-lifting being her favorites.
- In 2011, she got the privilege to speak at The National Weather Association Conference about social media and the effectiveness. The same year, she participated and ran a half marathon in Birmingham.
- One of her favorite quotes is ‘Dream the biggest dream & never give up.’
- How tall is Kalee Dionee Height : She is quite short, standing at just 4′ 10.”