|Personal Details Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||Born in 1954. As of 2023, he is around 69 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Wife / Spouse / Partner / Engaged||Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||2|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
|What illness did Mark Hall Patton have?||Mark is healthy and alive. No health-related issues have been reported about him.|
Mark Hall-Patton is a husband, author, TV personality as well as a museum administrator, working for both public and private non-profit museums with years of experience within his industry.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Mark was originally born and raised in Santa Ana, Orange County, California.
- He currently lives near Las Vegas in the city of Henderson, Nevada.
- He is married to his wife, Dr. Colleen Hall-Patton. Dr. Colleen is a Professor of Sociology and Women’s Studies at the University of Nevada.
- The couple first met in high school but got closer only after a few high school reunions. The pair have now been together for over four decades.
- Both Mark and Colleen were raised Roman Catholics. Mark was still practising his faith at the time they got married. As a result of Colleen having fallen out with the church, the priest in our parish refused to marry them, but luckily, they found another pastor who would.
- The couple has two children, son Joseph Hall-Patton and daughter Ellen Messinger-Patton.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Mark attended Saddleback High School, a four-year secondary school in Santa Ana, California.
- In 1972, he attended the University of California, Irvine (UCI), where he gained his Bachelor of Arts in History.
- Later, he attended the University of Delaware in 1976 where he majored in American History and Museology.
Career, Income, Salary and Net Worth :
- In 1983, Mark became the founding Director of the Anaheim Museum, which is located in Southern California.
- Shortly after, he worked his way up to becoming the Director of the San Luis Obispo County Museum in 1985.
- Years later, he became the Museum Administrator of Howard W. Cannon Aviation Museum, located at the McCarran International Airport, Las Vegas, in 1993.
- In 2007, Mark became the Museum Administrator of Clark County, Nevada, and is still holding this current position to this day.
- Mark is the author of two books titled ‘Memories of the Land: Place Names of San Luis Obispo County’ and ‘Asphalt Memories: Origins of some of the Street Names of Clark County.’
- He has also written & produced over four hundred articles and forty-eight local history videos that have been professionally published.
Fun Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Mark’s unofficial nickname is ‘The Beard of Knowledge.’ He often does not charge money for his knowledgeable expertise in his field, as he believes ‘history is priceless.’
- In 2009, he hosted a live interview program on C4 television in the Las Vegas Valley.
- He is also a frequenting visitor on the History Channel’s hit show Pawn Stars as a regular expert.
- Referring to Pawn Stars, Mark explained in one interview “They initially wanted me on the show to comment and give value on a piece of clothing. I thought it would be a one off appearance, as I did not think the show would gain popularity. But seeing as the network liked filming with me and the show gained more credibility, I became a regular on the series”.
- Mark was originally not paid for his time on Pawn Stars, but the production company gave the Clark County Museum a small donation each time he showed his presence on the show.
- He also starred in other TV programmes such as American Restoration and Mysteries at the Museum.
- Mark served on the California Association of Museums and Western Museums Association boards, & was a member of the Board of the Nevada Test Site Historical Foundation, & the Nevada Aerospace Hall of Fame.