Ashley Broad is an American reality star, producer, and businesswoman, most famous for her appearances on the show “Hardcore Pawn,” which was broadcasted on TruTV.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Ashley was born in Michigan in 1978. She has lived there her whole life & loves the city of Detroit.
- Her father is Leslie ‘Les’ Gold, an experienced pawnbroker, author, and reality star. Her mother’s name is Lili Gold.
- Ashley is a third-generation pawnbroker in her family. She has a brother named Seth Gold, who is into the same business.
- She studied at the Michigan State University, where she got a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. She also has a diamond certification from the Gemological Institute of America.
Personal Relationships :
- Ashley got married to Jordan Broad in 2003. The couple has two children. Not many details are available about her family, and neither are there many pictures of them, even on Ashley’s social networks.
Reality TV Career, Salary and Net worth :
- From 2010 to 2015, she was part of the cast of the famous reality show “Hardcore Pawn” on “TruTV.” Ashley and the Gold family had a crucial role in the show, as it focused on the operations of American Jewelry and Loan, their family-owned store.
- On the show, she had a notorious recurring rivalry with her brother Seth, a common plot in many episodes.
- Ashley emphasizes that the situations and customers that were in the reality show were totally authentic. However, many people think they were just invented to increase the ratings & to create sensational situations.
Jewelry Business :
- In 2015, she created her own website (AshleyGold (dot) com), where she sells jewelry products.
- After the website was launched, she stopped working on TV and seems to spend more time sharing with her husband and her children.
- For promotion, Broad often employs famous celebs who then wear it on their TV shows, so people know what the business is all about.
Fun Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Ashley is 5′2″ (1,57 m) and has dark hair and dark brown eyes.
- When she is not working, she enjoys playing tennis, reading, spinning, or simply working out.
- She says that exercise really relaxes her, but the thing that she most enjoys is spending time with her family.
- Ashley mentions that she has never felt less than a man though she worked in a traditionally male-driven business. Ashley mentions that while growing up, her home atmosphere was a “controlled chaos” (pawn store business is not easy, and sometimes could be dangerous).
- She has a Twitter account in which she shares information about her website for jewelry shopping.
- Her father Les describes her as stubborn and tough. Working in a pawnshop has given her experience to deal with employees who do not behave themselves and also to tackle manipulative customers.